Wednesday, July 23, 2014

De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero #140 - Wednesday 7/23

De que odio a los escritores, odiar a los escritores

Tonight’s theme is actually borrowed from our wonderful recapper Sara.  The writers continue to vex me but I’m trying to keep things positive.  So, I’m chanting how I hate them throughout the recap.  Forgive me from the outset if this vexes you but it did make me feel a bit better based on the wrong choices these scribes keep making. 

Carmen has to comfort Brat, who is depressed because her father didn’t visit her and has left the country.  Since she’s more upset about her potential meal ticket than actual interaction with her father, its hard to have sympathy for her.  Carmen allows Brat to miss her brother’s wedding. 


Andres tries to hurry Nat, Mara, and Mali to the church.  Mali looks lovely though I’m still nervous b/c she and Abdul have been together for a few months.  Where is my beanie?

Morales expresses his frustration with not able to catch Rod.  Kimberly encourages him.  She seems to be getting better at dating police men.  It helps that Morales sharing things with her.

Mali and crew arrive at the church and the Garcia’s seem to flout convention by having Abdul see Mali before the wedding.  This is probably ok but I’m really worried about Tad.  For this unnecessary tension, I start my chant/rant:  I hate the writers, I hate the writers.

Brat’s pouting pays off and her unlikable daddy shows up.  Instead of staying at Carmen’s and have a nice chat with one another, Miss Center of her own Universe decides to drag him to Abdul’s wedding.

The wedding ceremony is officiated by Padre Juancho (PJ) with Paolo and Mara in the role of padrinos (I think).  We move quickly to the reception with Abdul and Mali having their first dance as a married couple.  Carmen takes El, he thought she would take Abdala but she says he can’t really dance (but later we see that our handsome Turk has moves.  I get it I’d dance with El every opportunity I got too).  Other family members join in.  I just love how our Lupita grabs PJ and goes to dance with her big brother.  She’s the best!  Well, we’re all having a great time and I’m hoping some delicious looking food comes when the blight of the family takes the mike and announces her arrival with dad.  In this instance, even the nice people look very vexed.

Carmen actually tells Brat she should not have interrupted the wedding to announce her father.  Paul wants a hug from Carmen and she obliges but her body language says don’t touch me loser. After lingering too long in the hug, El tells him to stop.  El wants to take him down but Carmen tells him to return to the fun.  Paul gets scared and wants to leave but of course Brat wants to stay and create drama.
       
Irene goes to visit Grumps and he’s rather comatose.  She is sad and calls Tad for comfort.  She wants to go to Abdul’s wedding but Tad isn’t feeling well.  I hate the writers, I hate the writers.

Mr. T appears to be making progress but his wife remains rather dense; she asks Lala if he will stay this way forever.  Way to encourage his progress, Hilda.  Now why can’t the writers take her and not our Tad?!  I hate the writers, I hate the writers.

Paul keeps staring (and not moving) at Carmen and El continues to get mad.  Carmen doesn’t care if he remains.  But then she promises to never leave El.  For those of you new to the tn game, unless one part of the couple makes this claim with just a few hours to go in a tn it is always temporary doom for tn lovers.  Brat asks Paul if he has feelings for her mom and he says yes.  Brat will be happy to break them up.  So now we are going to have to endure the courting of baby-daddy #4 and El getting his feelings hurt over Brat’s pranks.  I hate the writers, I hate the writers.

Little Al talks with Lala about Mr. T’s progress; its not going as well as he thought.  Can’t he just be like Sherlock Holmes (here I mean not interested in women) and focus only on his work? Oh and another reason why it should not be Al, please excuse my height bias and the superficial nature of “reason”, he’s short.   I hate the writers, I hate the writers.

Irene arrives and Carmen updates her about El and Paul.  Poor Andres grabs the mike (the second time patient Abdul and Mali have their wedding interrupted) and proceeds to proposal to Natalia.  Yes I know this was going to happen but I hate seeing good guys (or women) get used by weak willed protagonists that just want some to stroke his/her ego.  I hate the writers, I hate the writers.

Diego and Al chat and Simona calls.  She wants Diego to explain the info he has sent her.  Al asks who is Simona and says she sounds ugly.  I’m not making this up.  Diego tells him she is not ugly.  Al tries to tell Diego his situation is helpless and Diego looks at his short, icky friend and laughs.

Andres proposes and Nat accepts with a big kiss.  The reception continues to be a fun, festive occassion with more dancing from all the

Brat and her dad return to Carmen’s with El and Lupita.  Though its awkward, Paul remains.  Brat tries to get Carmen to fix him some coffee but El volunteers himself and Lupita.  Unfortunately this is a bad move on his part because Lupita can run circles around Brat and would pick up her tricks in seconds, unlike the other adults in the room.

Nat, Irene, and Andres return to Tad’s home.  Tad unveils his painting.  For crying out loud writers do we really need more foreshadowing of my guy’s death?  I hate the writers, I hate the writers.  Sorry, Andres announces his engagement to Nat and Irene tries to restrain from being disgusted.  Tad wishes them the best.  When its suggested that the wedding is tomorrow, Irene says don’t be foolish.

El and Lupita spike Paul’s coffee.  Lupita wants to add the white substance to Brat’s drink too but El tells we only to make Paul sick.  Oh El, most of us would be ok if Brat got sick too. 

Nat and Irene are on their way to the kitchen and Irene wants to know why Nat accept Andres.  Nat actually turns things on Irene and asks why she doesn’t like Andres.  Score one for Nat.  Tad and Andres talk briefly about art and then goes to the kitchen where he overhears Nat and Irene talking about love.  Oh my goodness!  He’s already showing bad signs and now he must hear Irene tell his daughter not to make the mistake of marrying someone without passion as she did.  The shot freezes on Tad’s hurt face.

Instead of my chant/rant here I’m going comment on Nat and feel free to skip this.  Blogger tofie made this observation about Irene a while back and I think its spot on.  Irene didn’t really have a teen love and silliness period in her life and that has stunted her emotionally.  I understand the writers want to make her a romantic but as romantics mature in age things change.  In my twenties, I thought passion and good looks were really important.  Yes there were other qualities but in all honesty, I think those two won out.  The qualities that Irene told Nat can’t hold up (kindness, stability, and he loves you more than anyone in the world) may not have worked  for me in my youth but now, I can completely see how that foundation is better (to me).  I know the romantic view is often portrayed as love at first sight but now I see how people can grow to love someone and that love grows to passion.

Tad returns to Andres and the former is crushed.  I hate the writers, I hate the writers.  Nat won’t admit she still loves Diego.

At Carmen’s they try to make small talk.  Paul talks about his work and Lupita doesn’t quite understand term neuropsychiatric and Brat tries to tell her not to be dumb.  This heifer keeps down the path of destruction.  Paul’s stomach hurts and he leaves.  Brat accuses El and Lupita of spiking Paul’s drink and look innocent.  She leave in a huff and Carmen, El and Lupita share a laugh.  The next morning Brat does to her father’s hotel.  He is still not feeling well but angry El got the better of him.  El tells the new Morales, Sanudo, of his triumph over Paul.  El misses Morales.

Brat asks if Paul will stay and he says.  She starts spinning her web of lies about Carmen being in love with Paul.  Paul falls for it and agrees to help.

Little Al goes to Nat, asking if she trusts him.  She gets into the back of a truck with huge speakers that Al is driving.  He moves the truck slightly in the parking lot so dancers can convince Nat to return to Diego; is it a Mexican type of flash mob?  She happily watches the dance with Andres’ engagement ring on her finger.  Finally Diego shows up with flowers and she seems shocked to see him.  He asks for her forgiveness again and she looks like she’s going to cry.

Previews – Diego starts dating Simona and Nat looks jealous.

Labels:


Comments:
Brat and Andres both...thanks for making it all about you on Abdul and Mali's big day!

What was the song that played for Abdul and Mali's first dance? I've tried looking for it, but can't find anything!
 

Kat- ITA! Bad form for both Andres and Brat. Regardless of their grandstanding, it was a lovely wedding. Mali and Abdul looked so happy.

Notice, Nat never said "yes"-- Andres just shoved that ring onto her finger. Did she really have a choice to say no when he made such a big deal of his proposal in front of ALL their friends and family? Tsk, tsk, Andres!
 

I'll be offline and away most of tomorrow and also won't get to watch the show until late, so tomorrow's recap might be late and will likely be short.
 

I wasn't sure...I thought I might have missed it while I was yelling "No! The answer is NO! I don't marry men who upstage my brother and his wife at their own wedding party!" but I guess she really did just stand there gaping at him.
 

Talk about tacky! Natalia is not that slow, that she didn't realize what Andres was going to do the instant he went down on his knee! A less self-absorbed sister (me, for instance) would've grabbed his arm, jerked him up and dragged him away with, "Not here! Not now! What's wrong with you?"
 

The recap is finally up. Thanks for your patience.

Kat and Vivi, Brat's grandstanding didn't shock me but Andres did. I know he got caught up in the moment. He shouldn't have been strung along this long.

Kat you are right about Nat. She didn't respond, probably from shock but she should not have been.

Anon@11:28 pm ITA that a sibling with better manners would have stopped the proposal before it got too far.
 

According to Shazam, the song is Amor, Amor, Amor by Yuri & Mijares.
 

Isn't that the main theme, though? Is Shazam lying?
 

Gracias, Karen! I enjoyed the chanting, if not the shenanigans that inspired the chanting.

"I get it I’d dance with El every opportunity I got too." Ditto!

"She wants to go to Abdul’s wedding but Tad isn’t feeling well. I hate the writers, I hate the writers." "He’s already showing bad signs and now he must hear Irene tell his daughter not to make the mistake of marrying someone without passion as she did. The shot freezes on Tad’s hurt face." *sob* Nooooooo! Not Tad!

"I know the romantic view is often portrayed as love at first sight but now I see how people can grow to love someone and that love grows to passion." I agree with this in principle, but I don't agree that it can work this way for Nat. Irene had/has given up on Alonso and is committed to Tad, even though she misses the hot-and-heavy stuff. Nat's not there yet, especially if she can't forgive Diego to be rid of him. I think it's possible there's a part of her that's refusing to forgive him so he'll keep him coming around and making this big gestures. I mean, she was ready to visit Vicente and hear his apology and on the scale of doing terrible things to a person, Vicente deserves hell.
 

Yeah, I think Shazam lied :(
 

Kat thanks for your comments. ITA that Nat is not ready for "no passion," I'm just sad about Irene. If you are going to diss your spouse don't stay in the house and talk about your "loveless" marriage. And even though Irene is still with Tad, her comments on love seem to be a betrayal (especially after he overheard her) of their relationship.
 

I don't know...she kinda, sorta took it back. And then, for his part, he never mentioned "love" when he proposed. That wasn't part of the package. If he wants to change things now, I say go for it! Have some romantic dinners...but I think he's still in recovery mode. Or, you know, the writers are trying to prepare us for his demise and we'd all kick them in the shins even harder if he died AFTER he and Irene re-kindle their previous romance.
 

Thank you so much, Karen! I really like and appreciate your observations.

I felt so sad for Tad when he heard Irene talking to Nat about their marriage. I just felt sad for him.

Fatima
 

Thanks for the great recap, Karen.

If Tad dies and Irene and Alonso end up together, she's as dumb as
he is and his "business associate."

And I'm wishing Nat doesn't end up with Diego, but I know she will." I think he's a jerk!!

I think El and Morales are dating great gals and should end up with them.

Ann-NYC

 

What an anemic, poor excuse for a flash mob! I felt embarrassed for the dancers - horribly choreographed. They looked like they were just walking through it, just blocking their movements in preparation for the performance later. And Diego's little jerky movements looked really uncomfortable. On a par with the pole dancing on LQLVMR. A real FF moment, for sure.
 

Excellent Karen. "Can’t he just be like Sherlock Holmes (here I mean not interested in women)"


The scribes snapped back to predictable after killing Alberto. What a shock, Tad galloping toward his doom, Andres proposing, Brat conniving and Carmen with another persistent suitor.

I somewhat give the stupid puppy Nat a pass. Though it not fair to Andres to string him along, because she needs an adoring audience, both are young and due a train wreck or two. Takes awhile to understand love is and is not a many splendid thing.

Irene, oh, Irene, while the loins want what the loins want your daughter is not the person you have that conversation with about her own father. You two are not conspiratorial teens, or are you?

Tad - "It cuts like a knife"

Irene - substance abuse stunts your emotional growth and maturity

Flash Mob - You Can't Dance

Nat - duhhhh, where did they come from

Diego - that stunt was stupid but you know your audience

Paul - "You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot'up"

Andres - that was uncomfortable

Mali - 180

Hildabeast - and no thanks to you

Vincente - I love you just the way you are, now

 

Karen- I loved the cranky recap. :) Just what I needed before running off to spend the day with 60 17 year olds on a hot college campus. Later amigos.
 

Karen, I'm sorry you were vexed but amiga, it stoked your already amazing creativity. It fanned the flames of wit and wisdom to create this sensational recap.

"For this unnecessary tension, I start my chant/rant"; "Brat’s pouting pays off and her unlikable daddy shows up the blight of the family…In this instance, even the nice people look very vexed"; "please excuse my height bias and the superficial nature of “reason”, he’s short"; "Diego looks at his short, icky friend and laughs" were among my many, many favorites. "This heifer keeps down the path of destruction" had me laughing out loud. Splendid!

The worst moment of the night? "now he must hear Irene tell his daughter not to make the mistake of marrying someone without passion as she did". That was horrific. You could see the pain mirrored in Tad's agonized expression. On this, I was chanting with you "I hate the writers". And of course your comment "And even though Irene is still with Tad, her comments on love seem to be a betrayal (especially after he overheard her) of their relationship" was spot on. Fatima, I just knew you would be as upset too! Sigh...

When Tad and Andres spoke after, I felt so badly for them both. Perhaps I'm delusional but I am pulling for the hope that something happens to make Irene realize how much she loves Tad. I'm not sure what upsets me more -the thought of Tad dying or Irene ending up with Alonso. Both are equally disturbing...

I am going to cut Andres a little slack here. He loves and has always loved Nat. I think he thought the venue would be romantic and I saw the proposal as sincere and heartfelt. It put Nat in a terrible position though, I agree Vivi.

On the flash mob. The one thing that impressed me that the first few dancers seemed to be (gasp) "real" women with curves! How refreshing! They didn't appear professional but thought it was a nice idea although I'm still chuckling at your "Flash Mob - You Can't Dance" tofie.

Kat, I always enjoy your comments and insights.

Hi Ann NYC - so good to see your post.

Karen, this was great!

Diana
 

Thank you Karen for this great recounting of last night's activities.

I have to say that Andres proposing to Nat last night was nauseating. I don't like this guy at all. He has always used weaknesses in her situation or her personality to insidiously insinuate himself into her life. In my view, even when he was saving Nat from Rod raping her, he wasn't saving Nat for herself, he was saving Nat for HIMSELF.

As for Tad, he is the one who spelled out the conditions under which Irene and he would form a domestic team. It strains logic to think that he would be shocked or hurt to hear Irene merely state what everyone in the relationship already knows. If he is on his way out, I feel sorry for him, and I find him to be a kind and likable guy, but he knew what his relationship with Irene would be and he accepted it.

David
 

"It strains logic to think that he would be shocked or hurt to hear Irene merely state what everyone in the relationship already knows".

David, I must respectfully disagree. In theory, yes, Tad and Irene had an agreement. Even with the implicit understanding, there is a world of difference between your thoughts and your words. Knowing something and hearing it uttered, and to your daughter no less must have been devastating. The look on his face bore that out.

Diana
 

Hi, Diana,

Ok, you have persuaded me. I hadn't taken into account that this marriage of convenience had overtones of past feelings, at least on Tad's part.

David
 

Diana said: "I'm not sure what upsets me more -the thought of Tad dying or Irene ending up with Alonso. Both are equally disturbing..."

Diana, amiga,we are in TOTAL agreement.

Fatima
 

David, I too respectfully disagree and agree with Diane-do you consider actions or words?

What troubled me, but a learning experience, after creating my own drama and ripping a guys heart out as a late teen, was his wise beyond years response to me when I used the "but I warned you" excuse. I paraphrase..It's too late for me, but next time tofie, consider taking personal responsibility for your actions they can mislead with intended or unintended consequences.

Nat has a shopping mall sized ego so she needs adoring fans and how lucky for her Andres is always there to prop her up with safe male attention. She knows no matter how many times she puts him on the shelf all she has to do is pout and he will be back in a new suit. She can fix this now if she has that heart to heart and privately declines his proposal. Doubt she'll do that and just continue to use him as a place holder while the loose marbles in her head find a resting place.

Irene, is a walking talking time bomb and she knows it. She knows how Tad feels and was ok when he scooped her up, dried her off, gave her safe haven, married her and made her the beneficiary of his estate. They made a deal and for her to bemoan her lot pisses me off. Unfortunately for Tad, he represents a father figure and Alonso the boy throwing rocks at the window.

 

Have you ladies noticed a trend in the comments?

You all tend to be less forgiving of the female characters, while I tend to give the females some slack, and am critical of the male characters.

I wonder what that means?

David
 

It's not that I don't feel sorry for Tad, I do, and I very much would like to see him not killed off, but he set the relationship up this way. Safety and respect. That's all he offered. He wanted to take care of her and for her to take care of him. I don't think he went into it with ulterior motives, thinking he could reignite their earlier passion...he was too busy thinking he was going to die. If he's now realizing he wants something more out of the relationship, he doesn't have the right to expect it, but he definitely has the right to ask! Irene was talking to Nat about Andres...Nat's the one who brought up "Are you saying this because of my dad" without considering that he might overhear.
 

Karen, this was wonderful. It's a sad fact that the most frustrating episodes bring out the best recaps.

I loved, loved, loved your rant about passion vs romance. Passion is about physical attraction and attributes...which don't last. Romance is about emotional connections. I am frustrated by Irene because she had passion with Tad as well...back when she was younger. Natalia is proof that she had passion. Her hatred for Tad because of his supposed desertion speaks to the amount of emotion she invested in him.

Now he's back, supporting her, finding her lost daughter for her and she does this to him?? Now I know where Nat gets her ego from.

Not to mention that Aloser The Leg-Humping, Emotional Dwarf went off and made a baby with Karina....the traditional way no less!!!

If I may quote tofie: "They made a deal and for her to bemoan her lot pisses me off."

As for the flash mob...I can't even...
 

Sorry, David, I messed up your statistics!
 

I see your point of view, Kat. Maybe I would come around to Irene's point of view if her other choice wasn't Aloser.
 

It might help, yeah. I don't give her a pass. She also didn't think about this being a long-term relationship. As much as she wanted Tad to keep fighting, I think she also saw it as a done deal that he wasn't going to live. Now that they both see that's not true (let me dream!) they really need to sit down and work out what's going to happen. I guess I see it like any other couple who gets married and realizes it's not what they thought it would be, but it's not going to be helped by NOT talking about it. Tad keeps things close to the vest. For all we know, he's also feeling like this was a bad idea and he doesn't want to be stuck in a loveless marriage either. I really hope he says something tonight, one way or the other, and doesn't let it fester.
 

Who the heck else would Irene be referencing in her hang dog appeal, to Nat, to dump Andres and jump to a guy that deceives you and calls you a slut? Her only marriage to Tad, and made a fool of herself with the quack doctor that slept with another woman and to prove it was a mistake impregnated her later. What motherly advise to follow the loser and the immature clown for passion.
 

Not necessarily. Just because she doesn't marry Andres means she needs TO marry anyone else. If this wasn't the weird, insulated TN world, there's always the possibility of "someone else" out there. Or of staying single! I really wish they'd stop acting like it's always a "torn between two lovers" thing!
 

Ok, I have no idea what my fingers thought my brain was trying to say, there!

Just because Irene tells Natalia not to marry Andres doesn't mean she is telling Natalia TO marry Diego. Except that we automatically go there because that's the nature of these shows, which I'm starting to resent. Instead of an actual galan, it's a choice between the lesser of two dopes.
 

I think Tad knows exactly what he signed up for and he's observant enough to know that Irene's feelings toward him have not changed, but he was hoping "maybe someday" and it still really hurt to hear her say it out loud.
 

I'll buy what you're sellin, Kat.

Instead of an actual galan, it's a choice between the lesser of two dopes.
 

I wish it wasn't, tofie. Some of these people really need some time alone to work on their issues instead of trying to run away from their issues by inflicting themselves on someone else!
 

Sara, I have to repeat your entire quote because you nailed it: "...I am frustrated by Irene because she had passion with Tad as well...back when she was younger. Natalia is proof that she had passion...Now he's back, supporting her, finding her lost daughter for her and she does this to him?? Now I know where Nat gets her ego from".

I concur. Completely.

Diana

 

Lesser of two dopes KA-POW! Right on the money.

"...but he was hoping "maybe someday" and it still really hurt to hear her say it out loud.

And to his own child no less. Ouch.
 

David: I am mulling over your question.

I have supported Irene and Carmen (except for her initial reaction in finding out Irene is Nat's bio mother). I've been waivering on loathing and holding out hope for Brig but had thought she might be redeemed until recently. Karina is expendable. As Carlos says "Next!""...

I haven't really commented too much on Diego or Nat but only because I am not really interested in them, there are so many more compelling stories here.

I have always liked Andres and obviously adore Tad. However, Grumps is dead to me as is Rod. I think Alonso is immature and do not want him for Natalia.

Also, in truth, the majority of the male characters are very strong and appealing for the most part. El, Abdul, Paolo - the list continues. Also, I love the brotherhood of friendship El, Alonso, Diego and of course our dearly missed Alberto had. In contrast, the female characters (except for Carmen and her brood) do not have these strong ties and frienship (except for Carmen and El's mother).

I think I've been harder on the men here but I think that is due to this particular show. in general, yes, I do think people are more critical of members of their own sex.

Diana
 

If El would admit he misses Morales, he could be their fourth for dominoes. I miss Big Al. He hasn't even been ghosting around lately.
 

Karen, baby, I'm right there with you. I HATE THE WRITERS. I HATE THE WRITERS.

First of all, I know (well, I think I know) that they're going to kill off Tad. But first, they wound him to the quick, they break his heart, by having him hear Irene dissing a marriage of affection and devotion vs. a marriage of passion. The look on his face! Broke my heart too, dang it!

And Karen, when you're cranky, you're at your best (recap-wise!). Loved your description of Brigette as "blight of the family". Yes, she really is some kind of chronic disease, isn't she? She darkens every light and dims every joy. What a buzzkill.

Comments as always are terrific. "Lesser of two dopes."
"Vicente, I love you just the way you are...now" were just two of many great lines in the comments.

NOW, as to David's question : Are women harder on women actors, men on men? In general, I would say yes. On the 9 pm line, we always make fun of Carlos defending the bad girls. And he can be quite testy with the defects of the male characters. We often cut the guys slack because of their dreamy eyelashes, muscular shoulders, tempting lips, etc. What can I say? it's Mother Nature messing with our brains once again.

I had this discussion with my Dad once, years ago, because he thought I was being waaay too understanding about a male friend's character defects. I admitted I "expected more of women...they were 'my tribe'...and I held them to a stricter standard." He wasn't real happy with the answer, but he understood.

Since then, I have had two very embarrassing proofs of this bias of mine.

1) I was helping out in a nursing home. Annoying short-haired woman in a wheelchair was really getting my goat. Too demanding. A pain in the azz. Then someone else came and addressed this person, and I realized it was actually an old man. I immediately started cutting him some slack. Excusing his irritability etc. Jeez!

Somewhat different situation. I was running in a 5k and I passed two men, one a young African-American, another an older man. Both times, I almost stopped myself from passing them. I didn't want to make them feel bad. Can you imagine?

So...some lessons learned about myself. Never too late I hope.
 

Andres didn't get caught up in the moment, he had it planned. Who walks around at somebody else's wedding with an engagement ring in their pocket? Andres wanted to make sure Natalia would say yes in front of all her friends and family; she wouldn't have embarassed Andres by saying no at that moment.

I like Tad & think he's the best choice for Irene HOWEVER he married her knowing she was in love with Alonso. So I can't feel but so sorry for him because he knew what the situation was from the get go.

His situation with Irene is different from Natalia's situation with Andres because Tad knew and Irene knew from the beginning that she was still in love with Alonso; Irene was not leading Tad on. They hadn't been dating or even in a relationship.

Natalia is pretending to make a good faith effort to be with Andres. She's going through the moves of a relationship, taking Andres' gifts, food, dates etc.

So on the one hand I feel sorry for Andres because Natalia will dump him like a hot potato once she decides she wants to be with Diego again (and that looks real soon once she gets an eyeful of Simona) but on the other hand I don't because he knows Natalia is still in love with Diego and is trying to lock her down with this engagement move.

It will not end well for any of these characters.
 

Great recap, reminds me of the song "let's give them something to talk about" :-)
First of all I think it's important for us to remember that views expressed are opinions based on how we view our world. They are not facts. I totally agree with David " have to say that Andres proposing to Nat last night was nauseating. I don't like this guy at all. He has always used weaknesses in her situation or her personality to insidiously insinuate himself into her life. In my view, even when he was saving Nat from Rod raping her, he wasn't saving Nat for herself, he was saving Nat for HIMSELF."
I'm a born optimist not only in real life but in novela life also. I don't agree with a lot of what's going on but I don't get my blood pressure up over it. Much of my enjoyment stems from the fact that regardless of their mistakes or crimes, I somehow manage to see the characters as human beings, not puppies, dopes or dogs.
This is merely my opinion, not a critism of anyone elses view or opinion.
 

I see them as cartoon characters and judge them as real humans. (unless some real person is miscast or just bad at their job) Like, I hated, really hated the roadrunner as a kid and just once wanted to coyote to get one over. Strangely, I've known real folks like both.
 

Thanks for your recap Karen. With all last night's drama I can see why you are ready to throw the book at the writers :-)
I really dislike Al for a lot of reasons, (none of which are his height. My bf is 5'7" but a wonderful loveable guy.
Keep up the good works!
 

To me, the mark of a good show, movie, play, etc. is that it makes me forget that it IS one. When characters start to not behave realistically or consistently with no real explanation, that annoys me more than any particular behavior. It takes me out of just watching the show to seeing the strings being pulled behind the scenes. I don't want to see the strings!

Just because I enjoy the show doesn't mean I don't also see the faults. If anything, it's more frustrating to be enjoying the show and have that enjoyment marred by sloppy plot points, character assassination, bad editing, etc. If I just flat out hated the show and everything about it, I wouldn't bother with it.
 

What Mexican episode number was this? Was it episode # 159?
 

Angie- Yes. This was #159 Mexico.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder