Wednesday, August 27, 2014

La Malquerida #2: 8/26/14: The Fight is On To Save the Hacienda. Love is in the Air

Hola Amiguis! Tonight I'm doing a shorter recap. I had trouble with this one because of the whiplash scene changes and rapid fire speech. I think I got most it it. I've got another earworm Where Does My Heart Beat Now?

Shall we begin?

We left off last night with Esteban asking Cristina not to sell the Hacienda. He loves these lands and will do everything he can to help her save this Hacienda.

Juliana and her son her in his room, and I have to say this son has a talent. He's painted some beautiful Irises I think. Norberto storms in and isn't having it. He feels this is effeminate of this son, and takes a knife and destroys the picture. Juliana tries to stop him to no avail. He tells his son, be a man and go work the land. He goes.

Cristina thinks that this idea of Esteban's is good and Norberto should be able to help her, yeah right

Acacia is brushing her horse, when Esteban comes outside. She asks Esteban what her Mama said about keeping the Hacienda. Esteban tells her that Cristina will think about it. Acacia is still missing her Papa but Esteban assures her that Alonso is still with her.

Cristina goes to the crypt where Alonso is buried, it is on the Hacienda. She has a talk with Alonso. She loves him so much and what a great Papa he was. She needs his help. Should she soldier on and save the Hacienda for Acacia and for the memory of him?

Esteban and Cristina have another chat. Esteban tells Cristina that Alonso had such great ideas going forward for the Hacienda. He begs Cristina again for a chance to save the Hacienda for Acacia and for herself. He knows she just lost her husband but they can work very hard to save it.

Meantime, Ana Alejandra is talking to Perla, who is no barrel of laughs. Ana knocks some books off the table and Perla makes her pick them up and kicks Ana in the butt. This seems to be a lesson in how to walk like a lady, books on the head, till she is walking perfectly. Olga brings Carlitos and some food for both Ana and Carlitos and gets Perla to leave them alone. Carlitos says she is very pretty but why is she so very sad? She is not sharing a room with Carlitos anymore either and he asks why not? She just can't right now she tells him. She ends up giving him a huge hug. Olga has come back for Carlitos and Perla is again giving Ana heck about Danilo es mio.

Esteban and Cristina meet with the workers on the Hacienda. Cristina tells them that things are bad right now and they are afraid of losing their jobs. Esteban tells the workers that if they support Cristina then they will be able to save the Hacienda, are they willing to do that? Of course they are. Later Acaica is hugging her Grammy Elena and her Grandpa. She would like for them to live with them. Cristina tells Acacia that she isn't selling the Hacienda but has to work very hard to save it.

Norberto and Juliana come by for some bidness. Can you guess what it is? This putz has contacted a lawyer, gotten the paperwork by fax and all it needs is for Cristina to sell him the Hacienda. In other words sign. Cristina tells him she isn't selling and she will be fighting to save the land. Norberto thinks it's a stupid idea, she is a woman alone and she will fail. Esteban tells Norberto that Cristina is not alone, she has him and the workers are fully behind her. Norberto grabs Cristina and Esteban makes him let her go. Norberto is showing his true colors and tells Cristina that if this peon fails not to look to him for help. Cristina's Papa also tells Norberto to quit insulting his daughter. Norberto leaves in a huff and tells his son they are going. Norberto is pithed and Juliana tells him to stop yelling at thier son. He's leaving, going to the capital, to get away from them.

Cris tells her parents this really can be done, even though her Mama isnt' sure. Her Papa tells his wife, Cristina has made her decision. They will support her anyway they can.

I'm going to call the house of ill repute Perla's She is standing outside and greets Norberto saying it's a miracle, he hasn't been there in some time. Of course Norberto and Danilo know each other. Danilo tells Norberto he has a new bon bon in the house and of course it's Ana. Later, Ana looks up and sees Carlitos is out of his room with some girl on a cell and he can see all the girls there. She is mortified.

Cristina is up the next morning with the chickens. Cristina wants no more trouble with Norberto. Elena her Mama has some misgivings about Esteban, but her Papa has taken a liking to him. They are talking about cisterns how to store the water for irrigation if they need it. Cris' Papa thinks Esteban knows what he's doing.

Cris and Acacia have a chat about saving the hacienda and Esteban tells her how hard her Mama is fighting for the land. Later, Esteban brings a report to Cris and she tells him to call her Cristina, no more Senora. Esteban also tells Cris that Norberto was trying to cheat her. It's a good thing she didn't sell to him. Never trust that guy. They talk about various things they can grow and have come up with an idea. Much later, Cris goes down to the Captaz's cabin, where Esteban has just come out of the shower and opens the door for her, in a towel. She takes a good long gaze.

Later, and here comes the product placements, Esteban and Cris go to Herdez and Mc Cormick and give them thier ideas. I think the executives are pleased.

Ana comes down the stairs at Perla's and looks totally transformed.

ONE YEAR LATER:

Esteban and Cris have come a long way to save the hacienda. She couldn't have done it without Esteban.

Danilo is pleased with Turquesa's (Ana's) transformation. She is hardly recognizable.

Cris and Esteban are still talking. Thanks him for the past year of hard work. He doesn't want to lose her, cause see, he has fallen in love with her. They kiss.

Ana is out in the park with Carlitos, who is having a hard time keeping up with her. I think Danilo has been lying to Ana about getting Carlitos treatment. Danilo is hiding behind a tree watching them. Ana gets in a taxi with Carlitos and takes off. Danilo follows them. The kids have gone to the bus station and are trying to get a bus to Acapulco, but Danilo grabs them and throws Carlitos in the car and threatens Ana with a knife.

Esteban is still trying to make his case. Cris tells him Alonso has only been dead a year and that there is Acaica to consider. Esteban thinks Acacia will be okay with it and again tells Cris he loves her. He says is very sincere, could she love Esteban? Cris really likes the way he treats her and Acacia, but it's too soon. He kisses Cris and Acacia sees. Acacia tries to fire Esteban and wants him gone and to never come back. Esteban tries to explain and ends up going. Acacia is mad at Cris for not firing Esteban. Cris tries to explain to Aacia that Eseban is her novio. She also explains the Acacia is too young to understand, but Esteban saved the Hacienda and that he is more than an empolyee. Acacia feels her Mama could have saved this Hacienda all on her own. Cris also explains to Acacia that Papa is in heaven and would want her to get on with her life. Acaica is really mad and runs off.

Danilo has taken Ana and Carlitos back to Perla's. He throws a skimpy outfit at Ana and tells her she has to wear it because she betrayed him, but she accuses him of cheating her. Ana spits on Danilo and wants him to kill her, she can't take it anymore. He has a better idea, if she doesnt' work he'll kill Carlitos.

Cris says that Acacia is finally asleep, while they talk, Acacia is having a dream and yelling for her Papa to help her. Cris feels really badly for Acacia and feels this will never work. Acacia will never accept this. Esteban says he's be a great dad to Acacia, he loves her. Esteban is resigned to the fact, this will never happen and goes to leave, but Cris calls him back. They kiss some more and Cris feels maybe with time Acacia will accept Esteban. Esteban asks Cris to marry him, pick a date!


AVANCES:
Could we have another time jump?

Labels:


Comments:
Good Morning Y'all,

Please enjoy the recap ; )
 

Romy:

From yesterday's recap. I'm glad you will be reading the recaps.

Maurico:

I am glad you are following it too. There is going to be a time jump and I think will level some of the dark out.
 

Thanks again, Mads.

I'm still watching the first episode (I'm watching in fits and spurts.) I really, really like this show (and I've only gotten through 30 minutes of the first episode.)

There is a bit of ick factor and it's going to be dark, but the cast is great and..it's a rancho!

Cristian Meier is cute I guess, but he has a real creeper feel for me right now.

I love that the ranch is called Benavente.
 

Madelaine, I will listen to your earworm later tonight from home...(they are always wonderful).

The events were truly dark and disturbing, but once again you related the events calmly, clearly and in the serious tone commesurate with the events. An excellent summary...

Danilo chasing the children, cutting Ana and threatening Carlitos kept me wide awake far into the night. Is this the same Alberto Estrella whom we loved as main man Mario in Pasion? Ack.

Norberto is a murdering, lying bully yet pales in comparison. The evil factor has certainly been ratched up a notch here.

I like the actors playing Cris' parents...

For me, most of what makes a galan is in his eyes, in his smile. I'm not feeling Esteban right now either Sara. I've not seen the actor before and hope he grows on me.

Thanks Madelaine for recapping the first two critical episodes in such fine style.

Diana
 

Sara:

Thank you so kindly. I too like the ranch's name. This one does move fast. So much info. But I do like the way it moves. I think Esteban is just so very eager to save this Hacienda. I like how he stood up to Norberto, which you'll see in the second episode.

Diana:

Thank you kindly. Yes, Danilo is truly evil and they bleeped some of the dialogue out last night when he was talking to Ana.

I like Esteban cause he threw Norberto off of Cris and has defended her, even though he is a "peon". He is not afraid of anything. He has a great smile. I have hopes for him ; ) I saw CM in Zorro and he was fantastic, a great sense of humor. The writers haven't given him that here, more's the pity! Maybe as it moves along they will do that.
 

Wow! Two nights in a row, Mads. I'm going to get worried for your mental health if you recap this darkness all week long. Another great job.

I once again only caught the last few minutes, and once again saw poor Ana getting abused. Combined with the story that has been in the news the last two days about the massive child sex trafficking ring they just exposed in a town in England, this storyline has affected me greatly. I had to look up the age of the actress, since this seems like such a heavy subject for a young actress. She had just barely turned 17 when they began filming. I think she's doing a great job, from the bits I've seen.

FREE Ana!!
 

Madelaine, if you like CM, I highly suspect I will grow to as well. I had my doubts about Chava in Hasta initially, but you were right - I quickly became a fan.

I always want that instant spark...Years ago, hub (who wasn't on the road at the time) started watching Destilando
Amor. I paid no attention until I happened to walk by and saw Eduardo Yanez. Needless to say I have been watching TNs ever since. A galan doesn't need to be drop dead gorgeous (EY, cough), but a sweet personality, sense of humor, a good character and beautiful eyes go a long way in my book.

Diana
 

Vivi:

Thank you most kindly but I think we get a big time jump tonight. The avances showed Acacia all grown up. I'm glad too. Thanks about the age of the actress playing Ana. I actually thought she was younger like maybe fourteen or fifteen. I'm with you, Free Ana!

Diana:

It's his clothes here, that don't do him justice. He looks sort of gray here, but I think with the time jump, he'll look better ; ) Oh, and EY,sigh. Who could resist him? I still remember the very first time I saw him watching Corazon Salvaje 2009 in late night. That bad long wig, but the sparkle in the eye, sigh!
 

Mads- I believe she is supposed to be playing a 14-15 year old, so the actress is doing a good job playing a young, but feisty, girl in a horrible situation. But considering the subject matter, I thought they would be using a 18-22 year old actress.
 

Good work, Mads.

Danilo will earn a very serious Karmageddon by the time this is over. He's as pervy as Juventino and looks like a villain out of a silent movie.

Getting a creep vibe that Acacia already has the hots for Esteban even at her young age. I really hate the idea that he will return those feelings after the time jump.
 

Thank you so much Madelaine---Do you have any help on the recap side? Where is the team?

Two episodes and I'm loving it already---great story, beautiful rancho. I love little Acacia, she's sweet however I'm feeling for Cristina and Esteban. I don't see any chemistry there at all. People ripped Corazon Indomable apart over the storyline but Ana Brenda and Daniel Arenas had tremendous chemistry together. Even when they were fighting there was chemistry between them. With this couple, I don't see any.

Norberto---This guy needs to attend a few anger management classes. He's a raging bull. I feel sorry for his wife, she seems like a nice person. No art school for their son---really???

No spoiler as I don't know the story but after Norberto's temper tirade last night, I couldn't help but think that he might try to sabotage Rancho Benavente in some way. Maybe a fire or poison in the water well, something to force bankruptcy. It might not happen but this guy is the type that would do something evil like that.

Poor Ana---Is there anyway out for her? I know she fought hard at the bus station but I was thinking that she should have done more---yell for the police,
knock things over, kick, bite, fight until you drop from exhaustion and even then you can yell ayuda me! I noticed that there was no one around at the bus station when Ana needed help.
QUE? Did a bus just leave and there were no people left?

Episode uno and I was thinking about anvils---acid for Danilo? Any suggestions???

Yes of course Norberto and Danilo
know each other. Don't birds of a feather flock together? The good guys are going to have their hands full with these two.

Can't wait for tonight even if it is till 11PM.
the gringo
 

Thanks, Mads, for recapping two episodes in a row. Are you the only recapper for this novela ? This show is on too late at night of me, but I recorded it. However, I have not had a chance to watch yet.

Gee, Diana, I have trouble getting myself out of bed at 5.45, but then, I read that you have to get up before 4.00. Yikes..is that five days a week ? What time do you go to bed ? I try to get to bed at ten, but I still have trouble getting vertical in the early hours . Winter is worse because it is pitch dark .

I saw Christian M. In Dona Barbara. A mother and daughter were in love with him in that one,too. I also watched him in Zorro. I like him, but he is not the most dynamic actor. He always plays his parts in kind of a laid back way.
 

Vivi:

Yes, I wonder why they didn't use a slightly older actress with this storyline, but this actress is doing a fantastic job.

Urban:

Thank you most kindly. I think of Acacia as having a crush on Esteban like a sort of first crush. She is a bit jealous, that came out last night. I want to see what happens after the time jump.

Gringo:

Thank you kindly. I'm afraid I am the team. I asked for recappers but no one wanted to do this dark TN. I wanted to do it because it is new material and hasn't been done in Telenovela format.

It's early days yet and Cristina and Esteban are far older than Maricruz and Octavio. With the upcoming time jump there will be a bit more of the romance I think, with characters that is.

As far as Norberto goes, he was the one that caused the rockslide that killed Alonso, Cristina's husband. He's been wanting Hacienda Benavente for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't try something else. He hates Esteban because he feels he is beneath him and can't stand Cristina running her ranch, cause well she's a woman. That just isn't done! I too feel sorry for Juliana.

As far as Danilo in the bus station with the kids, Danilo has constantly threatened Ana that if she does one wrong thing, he'll kill or seriously harm Carlitos her little brother. That's kept her in line. I too wish she'd hollered for help, but I'm sure Danilo would have found some way to play it off. I want the adult Ana to get revenge on Danilo.
That would level the playing field.
 

Susanlynn:

Thank you most kindly. Yes, I am the only recapper for this TN. I do like CM, I only saw him in Zorro, and you are so right, he is laid back. He's like a smooth operator as I call him. And he always has the wicked glint in his eye. And he can be very funny too.
 

Madelaine, you are amazing to take this on solo. I have to say though that if anyone can do it, it's you! Your recaps are always excellent and I always look forward to what you have to say.

I wish I could help but as you know, I have almost no Spanish comprehension skills. I may be able to add something here and there but only if obvious by actions rather than words.

Susanlynn, yes, I have to be up by 4 am five days a week and also enjoy a 2 1/2-3 hour a day commute :) It's not always easy but I really try not to complain, I'm lucky to have a job...Hope all is well with your family. I think of you often.

Gringo, it's good to see you here. And yes,

I will try to watch when I can and will look forward to your recaps Madelaine. To say you are a trooper is putting it mildly. Thank you for being so dedicated.

Diana
 

Thank you Madelaine. I may start to watch. Who is la Malquerida? Ana? or Acacia(weird name) to me. I never heard it before. Pobrecita Ana. Danilo needs to rot in hell.
Romy
 

Thanks for the recap. I wasn't sure if I was going to stick around after LQLVMR and Pobres ended, but here I am. I like the cast for this TN.

First, I know we are only 2 (almost 3) episodes in, but I haven't figured out yet whether Esteban is supposed to be a good guy or a bad guy (maybe good guy turned bad guy?). In the debut episode he and Acacia seemed to get along and from the previews for tonight now she's saying that Esteban married Cristina for money, not for love. I guess we will see how it all plays out.

I think we have a good crop of villains for this TN. Obviously these actors and actresses are good at playing villains. Around this time last year I was watching Entre El Amor y El Odio with Cesar Evora, Susana Gonzales, Sabine M., and Alberto Estrella on UniMas. And I gotta say I was impressed with AE as a villain in that TN. His character was unlike any I've seen in a TN....a true psychopath.
--TF
 

There are rumors that Uni is editing LM. Confirmation please?
 

Seriously JoseAngel? That will really annoy me.
 

http://foro.univision.com/t5/Comunidad-de-Telenovelas/USA-Univision-esta-cortando-La-Malquerida/td-p/508664918

The ratings are really awful. Ariadne Diaz is an unknown actress, same for Livia Brito. I don't even want to imagine LG has the next flop. I hope that novela does well next week.
 

Diana:

Thank you so very kindly. You'd make a great recapper. I'm hoping one day you will.

Romy:

I am glad you will start watching. I don't know who La Malquerida is either. They don't say in the synopsis. I too feel for poor Ana Alejandra to be robbed of childhood and afraid of everything, so much so that she fears for her brother's very life. Being forced into this life. Danilo needs to go to hell you are so right.

TF:

Thank you so kindly. I am glad you are here. Esteban is a good guy with some issues. He is billed as a protag. As this goes along you'll see. Esteban and Maria save the Hacienda together. He loves the land as much as Acacia does. AE is very good as an evil guy in TNs. He exudes the slime factor so well.

Jose Angel,

From what I've seen no they are not cutting a thing. This is original and not a copy of any TN done before. If they do cut anything it will be the love scenes.

Sara:

No worries, no cuts so far.
 

Good to hear there hasn't been any cutting, Mads. We are far enough ahead of Mexico that I can totally see Uni doing something like that if they aren't liking the ratings. From what I understand, this isn't doing well in Mexico. Too bad. It's pretty good. I wonder if Jarocha will stop in and give us her take on it.

I just finished watching episode 2. Thanks for recapping this and giving us a space to discuss.

Boy I like this show, darkness and all. So far I'm not getting an ick vibe from Esteban and the young Acacia. He just seems fatherly to me. I expect when she grows up it will get icky.

I wonder how the Danilo story with meet with the Rancho story...I mean, I know Norberto visited Danilo's *erm* "fabrica". I just wonder if there will be more storyline crossover.

I've never seen Cristian Maier in anything. He's growing on me!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder