Wednesday, September 10, 2014

La Gata #8 9/10/14- La Propuesta

Wednesday is supposed to be just a discussion header, but like Kat last week I can't bring myself to just post a header. Too much happened tonight!!! Unfortunately, I'm a lazy son of a gun and it's not a full recap. Just bullets (some of which I wish were real. I'd aim them right between Rita's eyes. Old hag.)
  • The Meatball (El Italiano) is wrestled to the ground by Esme and Pablo. Luckily no one is shot. El Italiano leaves in a huff. He yells at Rita because he still can't have his Gata (my mind is in the gutter right now.)
  • Pablo goes off somewhere and Mariano takes the opportunity to tell Esme that Pablo actually has a girlfriend already and it's Monica. Of course this upsets me..er..Esme terribly and she begins to cry (while I curse the TV.) Mariano then decides to tell her he was just kidding. He needed to see how much she really cared about his bro. So not cool.
  • Later Mariano tells Lorenza that Pablo and Esme are the real deal. Lorenza confronts Pablo. It's either La Gata or his family. Pablo will choose Esme of course. That evening, Lorenza monologues. If that girl wants war, war she'll get! We'll see who wins!
  • Lorenza gives Monica tips on how to win Pablo.
  • Pablo misses a play date with Esmeralda. Esme is filled with doubt. 
  • Lorenza and Eugenia (Monica's mom) continue their plans for world domination. Or at least the domination of their offspring. 
  • Influential people have taken an interest in you know who's pardon (El Silencio.) Mr. Lorenza is scared. The man El Silencio is accused of killing was Mr. Lorenza's friend and associate (man, those two are cold.) People in the government really want to give El Silenico the pardon. It's a done deal, no matter what Mr and Mrs Lorenza want. El Silencioso swears that when he gets out, his enemies will feel the weight of his vengeance. Thanks to El Silencioso's inheritance, he was able to pay the best lawyers. Lorenza wants Mr. Lorenza to use his influence. He thinks that would be suspicious. They can expect the worst.
  • Pablo missed his play date because he was driving Monica to the dump (and NOT telling Monica he loves Esmeralda and NOT telling Monica she doesn't stand a chance with him.) Oh, he does manage to tell her that he taught Esme to read and write (My husband walked in at this point and said "Hey! Is that that guy with the nun? He's in everything!) Monica says stupid stuff about it being easy to find work. Monica asks what he thinks Esme could be doing right now. His voice over tells us he's sure she's waiting for her boyfriend and he's surely wanting to run to her side because he can't since he's a wimpy twit who can't stand up to his mother.
  • Esme gets hit by a car while crossing the street. Luckily she isn't badly hurt. Ernesto (the driver...I think that's the name Esme said.) buys food for the whole dumpster crew it seems. And more-he offers Esme a job in his company! 
  • Pablo tells Mariano that he will never love Monica the way she wants. He's too in love with Esme. (Hell of a way to show it, buddy.)
  • Esme delivers the food to her friends. When she's done she asks Diosito to watch over her dad. She also says she wanted to run to Pablo to tell her about the job, but she figures he doesn't even want to see her anymore.
  • Esme goes to her job interview. She looks so sweet. Her hair is off her face and she's wearing the ribbon Pablo gave her when they were kids.Surprise! Rita shows up. Gawd I cannot stand this skull-faced bruja! Just watching this again is making by blood boil. Ernesto thought Rita was an orphan. The secretary says he was mistaken...and he doesn't look happy. Clearly his intentions are skeevy.
  • Esme misses a play date with Pablo. 
  • Rita and Ernesto seem to understand each other rather quickly. She wants money and he wants La Gata. Of course, it just looks like an innocent interview (which Rita manages to control. She even says at one point "hold on, this interview isn't over." )
  • An oh mylanta as if my blood weren't boiling enough, Pablo goes looking for Esme and he gets Ines instead. She looks hungry and she's craving a Pablo sammich. Blech.
  • Rita pushes for more money. Ernesto offers to give Esme an advance. Esme is no dummy. She knows something is up. She's not going to take the advance or his advances. Ernesto defuses the situation. Esme can start tomorrow. Rita confirms that they are going to get their money. Well now that there is a higher bidder, it looks like the Meatball is out of the picture.
  • SQUEE !!! Best part!!! Centavo (Carlos) has gone to the Negrete mansion with a woman from the dump to beg for some things. He meets Virginia and he is smitten!!! Oh and she looks so happy to meet him, too! He is very gentlemanly and introduces himself, but is a little offended when she doesn't take his hand. The woman he's with explains that Virginia is blind (no tiene luz en sus ojos. ) He feels stupid, but Virginia tells him not to worry. I love how she calls him Carlos.  Virginia says she feel like she can see him with her soul and that he's a good person. She wants to be friends with him. She tells him to visit whenever he can. This scandalizes the maid. 
  • Pablo doesn't want Esme working for the new Meatball. He rightly surmises that the man is a perv. Esme doesn't think so. She reminds him that he eats every day, but she doesn't. She has to work. Pablo wants to work and help her. She wants him to finish school and then look for work. Pablo doesn't want to risk the new Perv falling in love with her. Esme says nothing will separate them. Pable says he's going to talk to his dad and MAKE him understand. He gets on one knee and proposes to Esmeralda. 
Ok. So Pablo was kind of a twit this episode, but he's still nicer than Octavio. That little shrug and "c'mon whaddya say?" face at the end of the episode is just what I like about him. 

Previous: Episode 7
Next: Episode 9

Labels:


Comments:
If I can keep beating the dead horse: RITA MUST DIE!
 

Gracias, Sara! It was just too tempting, wasn't it? Especially with Pierre and love at first handshake!

Mmm...Carrrrrrrlos...squeeeee!!!!! I will admit to gleefully giggling through the entire scene and repeating "Carrrrrrrrrlos" every time she said his name and turning "Let's be friends" into something much more suggestive.

Has Esme not told him anything about Ines? Why would he think Ines could be trusted with a message?

Also, Ines is not the only one who wouldn't mind a Pablo sammich...but I wouldn't be all gross about it.

And speaking of sammiches...she complained that he gets to eat every day, so why shouldn't she take the job so she can too, and Mr. 5ft and I both wondered why, at the very least, he hasn't been bringing her a sammich every day? Seriously, Pablo!

I don't know what I think the job is, but I know it's not good. I briefly considered phone sex, since he kept talking about the telephone, but it looks like a legit company, so...either that's going on in a back room somewhere, or he just wants to hire her as a legitimate receptionist so he can hit on her. Skeevy old man!
 

Yeah, it's just what you like about him. Wait until he bends like wet spaghetti.

Thanks Sara---Your bullet points were right on, I hope that Pablo will be. I said hope.

Can Rita step on a rusty nail or something that will keep her out of action for a while. PLEASE!!!

The advances were misleading, no
shots were fired but Gata fought like a cat/gata. I wish that she would have scratched him good.

Sara & Diva---I had the same feeling, a new dirty old man.

Anonymous said yesterday that if Gata cleaned up, she would be hit on more. I agree.

A man's view---No Heidi braids for Gata. Save them for the Swiss Alps. Gata was beautiful last night, a true raven-haired goddess.

So Esme gets a job but I am not feeling good about this new meatball.

Writers---Please give Gata a break
Don't make her have to fight off another dirty old man, please no.
the gringo




 

Has somebody mentioned before that Rita looks like the Crypt Keeper? As she presents us with the weekly horror tale of who the Skeevy Old Man of the day is.
 

Sara, loved your recap! Thanks so much. I, too, dislike Dona Rita so intensely it almost hurts. I looked up the actress, she is 76 y/o, and apparently was quite the hot young actriz back in the day. Anyway, it's the scraggle-hair that gets my goat...

Charming scene with Centavo and Virginia. How did she grow up so sweet in that household?

I am still puzzled by the history of Esme's parents. Saw the one flashback of her mother and father slow-mo running thru a field of wheat towards a little cradle with a baby in it.
But, they are supposed to be dead?
J in O

 

Her mother is supposed to be, but I don't think Rita has ever told her anything about her father. Esme keeps asking, but she doesn't ever get an answer besides "some rich guy who left your mother." And, of course, this is all assuming Rita's telling the truth about anything...ever.... Maybe Gata keeps thinking about him because "dead" is the one thing Rita didn't say he was.
 

Sara, thanks so much for the list! You covered all the bases for us.

This TN is so very cliche, but it's easy to get sucked into it. So many of the characters are disgusting and I'm grieved to see Pablo being so wimpy. He needs to get Gata out of the trash and into someplace safer and cleaner.

What's with the evil maid/secretary always hanging around, doing a Frau Blucher imitation? (Young Frankenstein) I hope Silencio gets out of prison and gets on that revenge thing right now, because Pablo's parents need to be gone, one way or another.

Laughed at the skype summit meeting of the two evil mothers. See, you don't need a country club or a tea table to plan evil deeds! A tablet works just fine and you don't even have to leave the house.

Don't care that much for Maite, but have a little sympathy for Gata. She needs some serious kind of makeover, though.

I would like to bring Rita into Lorenza's mansion, so I could grab her by her scraggly gray locks and pound her skeletal head against the marble floors, over and over. Could NOT believe she shows up at Gata's job interview, as her "manager" no less! Too much.

Now that Pizza Guy is an also-ran in the Gata sweepstakes, let's hope we don't have to see any more of him.

It's good this is an early show, so my blood pressure has time to slow down before bedtime.
 

Great Sara.

"Just bullets (some of which I wish were real. I'd aim them right between Rita's eyes. Old hag.)"

"Pablo misses a play date with Esmeralda." then "Esme misses a play date with Pablo."

Esmeralda said it all, he eats everyday and she doesn't and his remedy for that is to propose.

Mariano - psych

Rita - I've been playing in the wrong sandbox

Ernesto - silly old hag, I'd have paid 4 times minimum wage for that little snack

Pablo - at least Octavio had a job

Virginia - are you really their offspring

Monica - he's cute but god he's stupid

Ines - damn, I get it

Centavo - don't have to ask me twice

Lorenza - war, well you are a battle ax

Mr. Lorenza - I need a petticoat under which to hide

 

Sara, your bullet points were concise and covered the material very well. Thank you.

Wow, I really got faked out by the previews from Tuesday; no shots fired and thus nobody injured. But it looks like the porky pizza man has a slender chance with la Gata from now on. Pablo would be well served to observe how Esme reacts when she is wronged; better be on your best behavior, Pablo.

5ft, your comment about how Pablo could at least be bringing Esme a daily food ration if he loves her so much was great. I've been wondering the same thing.

So everybody thinks we're in for a series of pervy old med in Esme's life? I hope not, but I guess they need to drag the plot out somehow.

Waiting to see what is going to happen with the marriage proposal. Maybe Pablo's parents will be so absorbed with the possibility of el Silencio's release that it will fly under the radar.

Ah, and of course, Rita. She is certainly energetic if nothing else.

Thanks again, Sara.

David
 

Instead of pervy old men one after another I hope Esmeralda has a decent younger suitor with a job come on the scene. All she has been exposed too so far outside the dump is a beta Pablo and a ravine. Even the new perv gave her more food after hitting her with his car than Pablo has in 10 years. Pablo has kept her isolated for himself, he could have introduce her to Virginia and the girl wouldn't still be in rags.

 

La Paloma, I hope you got some good rest!

tofie...I wonder about Virginia.

I too hope that this isn't going to turn into the Perv Parade. I hope we get a better idea tonight.
 

I wonder what happened to the pistol that the Pizza Perv dropped. La Gata picks up everything else of value. I'll bet she could feed her group for a year for what she could get for that on the black market.

David
 

La Paloma---Your Skype summit comment was so funny. Will the rich peoples country clubs be going out of business not that they have Skype?

So Pablo eats everyday but Esmeralda doesn't. Could that be what's keeping her figure so beautifully slim and trim? Don't get mad, I'm just asking.

Tofie---Your one liners are so perfect for a morning laugh.
Yes Rita could use a new sandbox to play in.
Ernesto would have paid four times
minimum wage for that little snack
So true Tofie.
Pablo---Octavio had a job. Yeah and if daddy cuts off Pablo's funds, he'll be sunk.
Monica---He's cute but stupid. Yes
she probably is thinking that.
Lorenza---The old battle ax is ready for war.
Tofie---Please, no more, I'm all laughed out.

David---You made a good point. Pablo has now seen Miss Kitty in action. He had better not make her mad.

Ok, now a couple thoughts of my own.---The gun flew out of meatballs hand during the fight, it landed in the tall grass. Both Pablo and Meatball ran off without picking it up. Esme and Mariano talked but neither one picked up the gun. Did the writers leave it in the grass for some children to find one day while out playing?

I couldn't help but notice the low
cut dress that Maite had on towards the end of the novela last night, a goddess dress for sure. The bottom line is that they might have Esmeralda walking around in combat boots but they are not going to take her goddess
dresses away, you can bet on it.
the gringo
 

Kat-Oh I totally see the resemblance to the Crypt Keeper!! I wouldn't mind a Pablo sammich either. And the boy really should have been sneaking food out of the kitchen all these years.

gringo-After seeing last night's harido, I agree that the braids aren't the best choice. I'm just so ready to see Maite's beautiful face. But as was mentioned yesterday, it's probably a good thing the girl is trying to make herself as un attactive as possible!

J in O-I'm also wondering how Virginia and Pablo both ended up so nice! I can't stand Rita's hair, face, wrinkled nose, teeth...I could go on.

La Paloma- I am a complete sucker for cliches. I cannot resist these types of novelas. My blood pressure gets going, too so I'm also glad that this is on early.

tofie-I love the line about Octavio at least having a job! I'm glad you enjoyed the "bullets" line.

David-I'm also wondering how the proposal will play out. Rita is pretty energetic. Unfortunately she may live a long life. Darn.

David and gringo-I reallly hope the pistol is just forgotten. Now I'm going to worry about it. Or will it end up with the will from DQTQTQ?

And I agree with everyone. I hope we don't have a perv parade.
 

I was trying to figure out if the actress playing Dona Rita also played La Llorona in an episode of Que Bonita Amor. I couldn't find out, but I did run across this picture of her in her prime back in 1965:

http://www.ficunam.unam.mx/index.php/programacion/pelicula-2014/los-bienamados

And I'm also wondering if the actor playing the director at Silencio's prison also played "Raisin" in Por Siempre Mi Amor.
 

Yep, that be Raisin and Meatballs played the padre on PSMA & weirds me out seeing him all mouth frothy over the girl
 

Sara - Muchas gracias. My favorite: An oh mylanta as if my blood weren't boiling enough, Pablo goes looking for Esme and he gets Ines instead. She looks hungry and she's craving a Pablo sammich. Blech. lol

I'm surprised that Centavito (Carlos) and Virginia met each other so soon. Glad the writers didn't drag this out. What is the maid's trip? Is she going to blab to Lorenza about Virginia making a friend from the barranca?

I cracked up when Rita in all her horrid glory showed up at the job interview. In a way, it's a good thing Ernesto is a perv cause otherwise that Rita baggage would've caused him to show Esmeraldo straight to the door. Esme needs a job and she can handle Ernesto.
 

Did Rita use soap? Her face didn't look as soiled during the interview.
 

THANK YOU TOFIE--for the life of me I couldn't remember where I had seen Meatball before!

Wow, Aleta! What a difference! Thaks for sharing!

Niecie-I'm glad we didn't have to wait long for the Centavito(Carlos)/Virginia pairing, either!

I didn't laug when Rita showed up, but my husband laughed at my "Aw hell!" reaction!
 

gringo, if Gata were eating as little as the show portrays, she'd be more of a wiry body type than slim-but-curvy! The irony being that Rita complains about being hungry, but sneaks a lot of food, and she has a more realistic look, not just in her figure, but her skin and hair.
 

Thanks Tofie---I knew that the prison director was the Raisin and I knew that I had seen the Meatball but just couldn't place him. Now I remember that he was the padre in Por Siempre.
the gringo
 

Now you know gringo, wait till he starts slobbering and huffing & puffing about gata.

Esmeralda has pretty good pervdar but gonna have to get better once they put her in some heels.
 

Pervdar! Heels double as a weapon :D
 

Thanks, Sara, for another great retelling.

tofie...i greatly appreciate the daily giggles you give me. it was a loooong day , and I needed some giggles.

I recognized the raisin and the snotty maid who attends Virginia was Tiberio's wife, another maid. I wonder if this actress is always cast as a servant...and a crab. I thought meatball looked familiar, but I did not realize that he was Padre Meatball.

I agree that the LEAST Pablo could have been doing all these years was to bring the girl a sandwich, apple, bag of chips, some carrot sticks, a couple Twinkies. You cannot tell me that the pantry at the mansion is not bursting with all kinds a tasty foods. As I said, Pablo is just not a proactive, pragmatic guy. It is so sad to think that she does not have something to eat everyday. ...and in reality..many don't. Harsh reality.
 

I love that Virginia told Carlos that she "could see him with her soul"....which is always the most accurate way to "see" a person. How can this sweet girl have come from Lorenza's loins ???
 

Mariano seemed pretty impressed with the way the wild cat jumped on the meatball in defense of her man with absolutely no regard for her own safety. I think she also scared him a little. I just hope he doesn't start to fake that he's all for their (her and Pablo's) relationship and gets her to trust him to the point where he can put her in a compromising position. As much as Pablo loves and trusts her now, we all know the tn rule about the galan's trust flying out the window the instant he sees her with someone else - not to mention that he won't want to listen to an explanation for, oh, about 100 episodes during which time he'll allow himself to "be comforted" by the vulture chick and convinced by his parents.
 

That totally sounds like something Mariano would do. Though, he's still a little bit of a wild card. I mean, why not encourage Pablo and Esme so he can have Monica and all his parents' money for himself? He likes her. Is he actually being realistic and realizing she'll never go for him? I'm sure he's playing some kind of game, I just can't tell what it is yet. Maybe I've overestimated his level of intelligence and he just likes stirring the pot without any specific goals in mind?
 

Speaking of Mariano- I am intrigued by his tears in the opening credits.
 

Sara, you deserve "double thanks". First for the great bullets and second because I didn't expect we'd be treated for two Wednesdays in a row.

What is the Doña Rita's real name? The Webb page didn't say, unless her name is Juan? What a difference a few decades make. Add her ugly personality to the equation and it adds up to what we see at the dump.

Sara@12:32 “David and gringo-I really hope the pistol is just forgotten. Now I'm going to worry about it. Or will it end up with the will from DQTQTQ?”

Speaking of a pistol and DQTQTQ I reminded me that we never found out what happened to the pistol that Natalia took from Rod and threw in the trashcan in the hallway.

I felt relieved when Esme braided her hair. Besides looking neater they're are harder for Rita to get a grip on and yank hair out by the roots.
 

Sara..tears???...was he perhaps kicked in the meatballs ?....or perhaps standing downwind from the dump. ?
 

@Susanlynn--Maybe lol. It's a quick shot, but I wonder what it's all about.
 

Hmmm...what if...Rod's pistol that Nat threw in the trash can ended up in the landfill and got picked up by someone in this show later? I'm not sure if that would be funny or terrifying if dropped props and plot points from other shows turned up in later shows...Mr. Lorenza could mention handling a case about a hidden will....

I think the most likely thing to happen to Meatball's gun, sadly, is tofie's scenario--that some little kid picks it up.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder