Wednesday, September 17, 2014

La Malquerida #17: 9/16/14: Going To The Chapel, and They're Gonna Get Married

Hola Amiguis. This recap will be short and sweet. Not a lot of convos but lots of getting ready for the wedding and lots of staring, by you know who! Here is an earworm.Going To The Chapel Of Love

Shall we begin?

Ale and German go to the restaurant where his paintings are displayed. Acacia and Ulises join them. Acacia says when they go back for Ale to talk to her Mom Cris, she promises Cris will help her. Ale isn't so sure.

Ale, Cris and Acacia are back at the hacienda. Ale says German is such a great guy. Now Cris wants to know about Ale's life. At first Ale is very hesitant, but Cris is quick and smart and says this guy raped you didn't he? Cris wants her to go the police and report him, but Ale is too afraid still. Cris also suggests that Ale go into therapy, but Ale says the only therapy she needs is German, poor girl!

                                           Ale just go for the Therapy, You really need it to stop being afraid.

Cris and Esteban kiss and Acacia has to look away.

Luisa is doing better at school and seems she's made some friends.

Norbie takes Dan out to the planting place. There seems to be an inspector with them, but nothing is planted yet. Johhny is also there. Norbie gives Dan the paperwork for his membership in the Association.

It's prepartions for the wedding. Cris say she won't be needing a lot of makeup. Cris' wedding dress arrives and Manana is the big day.

Carmen, Arturo and Ulises are at home. All three are going to the wedding and Carmen's date is Andres the Doc! Wait until Jules gets a look at him! Hmmmmm.....

Cris opens the box with the wedding dress, it gorgeous.

Jules and Norbie will be the Padrinos of the wedding.

Este is doing the stalking and gawping of Acacia as she tries to get some sun, and here comes Rubio. With the endless poking and prying, again with is Este sure he wants to marry Cris when Acacia is the pasion. Este tells him that Cris is the only woman he loves, and he will never do anything about the Acacia conundrum, because she is his stepdaughter and it wouldn't be right that can never happen. Who'd have thunk! Este still continues to stare from afar, Acacia turns but she doesn't see him. Este and Rubio end up going, but Ulises comes and there is making out.

Luisa comes and interrupts Elena, Cris and Jules. Jules gets on her case for coming in when her Patrona is so busy. The reason Luisa interrupted is because she has her report card which she shows to Cris. Cris is very happy, she is doing well, and even Elena is happy, Jules not so much, who the hell cares? Cris says she's talked to Jules and can't understand why she doesn't get it, the rudeness. Luisa thanks Cris for supporting her.

Ulises tells Acacia he will be working on the central commercial development. She is so happy for him. He warns her, it is going to be lots of work.

German asks what is going on with the finances cause there is a bill that is three months overdue. Jules looks at him. She wants to talk to Norbie. What is going on. They need money. Jules is on the point of borrowing some money from Cris. Norbie won't allow that, not with Este. The better plan is German marrying Ale and Manuel marrying Acacia. Jules calls Norbie an imbecile for even thinking that Manuel is ever marrying Acacia. Evidentely Norbie isn't the only imbecile cause Manuel really thinks that's gonna happen too. Ay, yi, yi!

Perls and Swine are happy about these plants cause they are fast growers, and even Johnny is pleased. Swine says this will make them some much needed cash.

German goes to Ale's room and ties a tie around her eyes. He has a painting and doesn't want her to peek. He finally unties the tie and it's a picture of Ale, I don't know if he included that turqoise ring in the painting.

Oh, the horror, just noes, just noes, but Perls and Swine are going to Este and Cris's wedding. Swine gives Perls a foot massage.

Ale is going to spend the night at the hacienda to help Acacia and her Mama. German and Ale smoochie.

Another oh, noes. Memo, Rubio's primo is helping set up for the wedding. Evidently Rubio was tasked with finding people to set up.

Cris and Este are not spending the night together. Not good to see the Bride before the wedding. They will miss each other, but after the wedding will not be spending nights apart again.

Acacia has gone to visit Daddy again in the crypt. She misses him muchly, but Este is a good guy. He's helped her Mama immensely and she feels Alonso must approve of this marriage.

Acacia is having that never ending nightmare, but this time, Ale is the one to comfort her. Acacia is worried about her Mama.

Cris is also restless. She looks at her photos, first of Este, and then the one of Este and Acacia. She touches the empty pillow beside her and smiles.

Este is sleeping in his office. He too is restless and paces the room, He too looks at a picture of Acacia and he cries.

Manana:

Cris is still sleeping when Acacia comes to wake her. It's a great day for Cris and that Acacia has finally accepted Este.

Luisa and Ale are getting ready and Acacia is helping Cris as are Elena and Rosa.

Andres has come to pick up Carmen for the wedding with a flower and a kiss, how sweet.

Norbie and Jules are getting ready and are not happy.

Juan Carlos gives Este a hug and Elena gives Este a kiss. Acacia comes and puts a flower in his lapel, she gives him a kiss on the cheek and she hugs him and he runs his hands down her bare back. Oh, noes!

Rosa looks lovely. They have gussied her up. Luisa tells Rosa that for today at least, they are a part of the family. Rosa isn't down with that, but that's just Rosa.

Perls has to wake up Swine to get a move on for getting ready for the wedding. They can. not. miss. this. wedding. because it is Esteban the head of the Association's wedding. Swine would rather sleep.

Este is having himself a bit of a snootful ( a shot in other words) what is he nervous? He has loosened his tie. Here comes Rubio who tells him it is time to go.


AVANCES:

The church, the wedding, the obession, what happens you may ask? Tune in tomorrow to find out.


Labels:


Comments:
Good Early Morning Y'all:

I was a bit loopy when I wrote this recap. I have an infection and My Doc gave me an antibiotic and a pain killer. Please excuse if I left something out. Enjoy the recap.
 

To Anon 9:27 from Yesterday's recap. I don't use captions of any kind but I've heard when they snip some of the TN the captions don't work or they don't follow the dialogue. Maybe someone that uses the captions can tell you more.
 

Thanks so much , Mads, for going above and beyond to give us this recap. So sorry that you are under the weather. Take care of yourself, and I hope that you feel better soon.

I have no idea where this show is going. I certainly hope that Este gets a grip on his lusty feelings and buys a sports car instead of pursuing this young girl.
 

Excellent Mads! Thanks so much for giving us this recap when you aren't feeling well. Get some rest and feel better soon.

I think they gave us a complete episode. I wonder if tonight will be complete too. Seems Uni might realize the importance of these episode where so many of our characters are set to collide, and make big decisions.

Will Este say I Do?
Will Danilo see Ale?
Will Juliana and Norberto see Andres?

Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out tonight.

Este voiced openly to Rubio this time what he's feeling for Acacia. And that hand down her bare back was not cool. It also seems he has been stalking her down by the swimming hole these last two months (the time the caption said had passed during this episode). Get a grip, dude!
 

I'm really glad that Ale told Cris part of the truth of what's going on with her-- That the man who abused her is in town, and that he raped her when she was a minor. But I wish she had also taken Cris' advice to go to the police, get psychological help, and to move back to the Benavente where there are more people around to protect her. But I guess this wouldn't be a tn if characters made all correct choices. Cris really is a great mother figure to all three of the girls. She supports them, but she lets them make their own choices too.

Yes, German painted the ring, and Ale wasn't happy about that. He pointed out that she never takes it off, and she says she hopes one day she can. This is a reference to something Uni cut from earlier episodes. Ale told Acacia that she will never take off the ring because it is a reminder to her to never trust men.

I liked the painting. I like that he kept his theme of things being hidden and covered with newspaper with Ale having the crumpled newspaper on her head with that sad guarded look she often wears. I like that whatever artist they are using for this tn is obviously the same artist who has a distinct style. In so many other tns, when a character is an artist, the stuff in their studio is so obviously done by multiple artists, and any work they do of another character looks amateurish (e.g. Vicky in Amores Verdaderos).
 

Madelaine, I am very sorry that you are ill. I hope the medicine and some well deserved rest help you to feel better quickly.

To that end, thank you for working through your pain to provide this excellent recap.

"Este is doing the stalking and gawping of Acacia" was one of my many favorites. Perfect title and ear worm.

"Este is sleeping in his office. He too is restless and paces the room, He too looks at a picture of Acacia and he cries". I have to admit this startled me. This isn't an imaginary crush or mid-life crisis. Esteban is really in agony. While I feel (momentarily) relieved he does not intend to act on his feelings (revealing to Rubio he is enamoured was another shocker), can this last?

Susanlynn, I don't know where this is going either. But, unless either he or Acacia leaves the house, I think the forbidden will get harder and harder to resist. Especially if Ulises is gone for extended periods.

"Ale told Acacia that she will never take off the ring because it is a reminder to her to never trust men". Vivi, this was such an important piece of information, thanks so much for sharing. I kept wondering why she hadn't thrown that ring out long ago. Now I know.

It was so interesting watching everyone getting ready. The young women - Ale and Luisa looked lovely. Rosa was beaming and looked quite beautiful herself. Acacia was stunning. Jules shrinking from Norberto was so telling, a truly miserable couple. And Este's torment was palpable.

With so much focus on the emotions simmering and bubbling beneath the surface, the one person who seems to be relegated to second tier is Cris. She is such a loving, caring mother, wife and person. Here she is preparing for one she expects to be one of the happiest moments of her life, while her husband is agonizing over her daughter who is subsequently wrestling with her own unidentified demons.

She just does not deserve this.

From the previews, Esteban seems to be struggling with the vows. However, I am equally concerned with wondering if Danilo will show up. I hope he decides to sleep in. If not permanantly, at least this morning.

Madelaine, take care and thank you again!

Diana
 

From yesterday, Xint, thank you for that link to the article on this and Hasta.

I am enjoying both and don't agree with the writer's assessment that this TN has an overall lack of chemistry. I do wish nothing had been cut as it would have been nice to see whatever character developmehnt was cut.

Diana
 

Thanks to you too for the link Vivi.

Diana
 

Diana- I agree with you. Just from the cut scenes I have seen, I would say RG's (the blogger) assessment is purely based on Uni's cuts, not on the original product sent to Uni. But at least they've kept the cutting fairly minimal.
 

Yikes. I could not believe that Estebad continued to stand there and stare at bikiniclad Acacia when Runio slimed up to him. Watching those two staring unaware Acacia was creepy.

I enjoyed watching everyone dressing up for the boda , and I will surely think of those scenes when our whole family gets ready for my nephew's wedding in a few weeks. It was interesting that everyone was dressed in black except the blushing , happy bride. Chris looked radiantly beautiful. I hate the thought of Chris being hurt by the two people whom she loves the most. That would be tragic and awful. Please no.
 

By the way, like so many galans, Este is an excellent rider , and his horse is magnificent. In Alborada, I was always impressed by the horsemanship of Fernando Colunga, Marcelo Cordoba, and Alejandro Tomassi. I noticed that they often rode holding on to the reins with one hand even when riding at top speed. Big Ed Yanez is also a good rider.


Also, Acacia and Carmen had backless gowns on for the wedding...beautiful backs , but....A little too revealing for a wedding. Perhaps they will wear shawls for the ceremony. Will Este say "I do" or , I can't" ????
 

Susanlynn- Do you think Televisa gives their stars riding lessons? They all have to ride horses so often, it makes me wonder

I remember during Un Gancho al Corazon, there was a scene where Dana Garcia had to ride on a horse with Sebastian Rulli, and it was obviously green screen, which is really odd for a Televisa tn. The reason-- Dana Garcia is really scared of horses! There were a few scenes with the horses that she just couldn't avoid, and I remember reading an interview where she said how difficult even that was.
 

Vivi... I don't know if the actors get riding lessons, or if horseback riding is just popular in Mexico. I have only been horseback riding once , and Ingot food poisoning right afterwards from lunch at a diner, so I cannot ride. Those telenovela actors are fearless riders.
 

Hello Y'all:

I am checking in qickly and thank you so much for all your kind words.

Vivi:

Thank you so much for the added bits. I too want Ale to move back to Benavente and be surrounded by lots of people. German can always come and visit.

Diana:

Yes, that was important about the ring.

I too wonder what Este will do. That was a really good cliff hanger I must say, Susan lynn. We'll have wait for this evening, darn them.

About the riding, some of these actors are terrific. I agree about EY, CM, AD,VR riding. I love EY on a horse and also CM. He did some stunt stuff in Zorro with a horse. They all look very comfortable and not afraid at all. I ride and so enjoy it when I can.
 

Thank you so much Madelaine for trudging through. I hope that the medicine did it's job.

Yes I noticed that nose in the air
Juliana didn't like it when the "lowly" Luisa interrupted them

Norbie and Jules are not happy, their loveless marriage is doomed.
To make things worse, they're out of money. Bills are overdue? If Norberto would stop gambling---just a thought.

Ale's in BIG-BIG trouble if Dan Evil comes to the wedding.

Damn! these writers---They're keeping the beautiful young goddess bikini clad in nearly every episode. It's no wonder that Esteban is loosing his mind.
I'm starting to loose mine.
the gringo
 

LOL Gringo!
 

Gringo:

Thank you kindly. I had to laugh at your teeny bikini comment. She sure has been in one a lot lately. Please don't lose your mind! We need you here for the male point of view.
 

Susanlynn---It was too late for me to get back yesterday. I found your students comments interesting

So the males listed female beauty
as a top or a number one thing but the females didn't list handsome as a first choice. It makes sense. Men are attracted to beauty and women know it. Much time is spent in front of a make up mirror trying to make themselves look as beautiful as possible. Why? Because men notice.

Women on the other hand for the most part are not as concerned with how handsome a guy is but rather who will be the best father to their future children.

I could be wrong but that's my opinion to the result of your class question and answers.
the gringo
 

Have you noticed that we have Acacia in the itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini in every episode but not one hombre in a speedo ? Double standard, anyone ? We girls deserve an equal opportunity to lose our minds, verdad ?
 

gringo..not only wasn't't "handsome" at the top of the female students' lists..it wasn't on their lists at all. I will have to compile a list of the adjectives. Both young and more mature women listed adjectives such as "honest,, "gentle"' "faithful". No mention of appearance . I thought that was very interesting.
 

Susan Lynn:

Oh yes that! We have seen some bare chests like Este's and German's, that was a sight for sore eyes, sigh!
 

Susanlynn---A double standard? Yes
More women directors are needed to balance things out a bit.
the gringo
 

Yes, the writers have been VERY generous with bare chested German and Esteban. I laugh every time they show them because it's so obvious it's for the benefit of the female audience. I am not complaining! ;) I'm not interested in seeing either of them in a speedo, though. I don't begrudge the male viewers the shots of Acacia in her ity bity bikini and mid-drift tops, or Ale in her short dresses.
 

Thank you so much for this wonderful recap, Madeleine! I couldn’t watch last night, so I really appreciate your bringing me up to speed. Now I’m curious to see what happens tonight.

Susanlynn – about riding…. I think Este sits a horse very well, but what’s with the flapping elbows? Does the director think that makes his riding more dramatic?
 

Madelaine – Terrific recap. So sorry you were under the weather when you wrote it, but you did a fine job capturing the episode. Hope the meds are kicking in and that you feel better.

El Rubio: The Voice of Wisdom. I believe I heard Rubio tell his patrón that if he keeps coming to peek at Acacia eventually someone else would discover his infatuation. Esteban, if you're willing to talk to Rubio about your problem, why not get yourself to a shrink?

We all know that ring is going to put Ale at risk. Wearing it to remind her of all the crap that happened to her doesn’t make sense. She should toss it in the town dump.

Acacia rides well too.
 

Niecie- Just going outside puts Ale at risk when Dan is on the loose! But I could see a situation where German sells the Ale painting to some public place, and it catches Dan's eye because of the ring.
 

Please forgive me for cruising in with a question from about three episodes ago (I'm trying so hard to catch up!! This show is so good!)...

Anyhoo-I noticed in episode 13 or 14 (can't remember exactly) that Alejandra still wears that turquoise ring? Why would she do that? I know, not a big issue, but I'm just wondering if it's been discussed or if anyone has any thoughts on it.

Mads(aka Mass Production...which kind of fits, how did my phone know you are mass producing recaps?)--I hope you feel better soon!
 

Sara-I just mentioned it earlier this morning. In a scene that was cut by Uni long ago, Ale told Acacia she will wear the ring as a reminder to never trust men. You'll notice that she is really distrustful of most men, rightfully so. It's kind of crazy that she's punishing herself in a way, by wearing the ring. But I don't think that Ale believes she will ever truly be happy and have a normal life.
 

Thank you, Vivi!!!! I hate that uni is cutting it (I'm watching on Hulu so I'm seeing the edited version.) These edits don't seem as bad as the PSMA and DQTQTQ ones, though.

I really can't get over the quality of this TN. I really really like it!
 

You're welcome Sara. I'm only seeing some of these scenes because I'm often seeking out the fan vids for Ale and German. Lord knows what kind of Cris, Acacia, and Esteban scenes they are cutting that would give us greater insight. But, you're right. They aren't butchering this, like they have other tns, so we should be grateful.

I love the ranches, the surrounding natural areas, and the old town setting.
 

I love, love, love Ale and German so when I get caught up I may looking for their cut scenes, too!!

Osvaldo de Leon=hottie who needs more galan roles.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder