Monday, October 20, 2014

La Gata #36 Monday 10/20/14 Stranger Danger!

Hello my patio peeps! Here goes the recap:

I'm going and you can't stop me:
 Miss Kitty and Silencioso have a show down, he forbids her to go see Pablo but she won't listen and takes off with Jarocha and the babies.
At the hospital Pablo meets with Monica, who is there because Mariano called her, why did Mariano call her? Because he hopes that Monica can work her charm on Pablo and keep him away from Esmeralda so that he (Mariano) can get a chance to woo her. Good luck with that little buddy. The long and short of their meeting comes down to this: Monica loves Pablo, but she knows he loves Kitty and what do these women see in Pablo? He's not smart, he's not charming, ok so he might be pretty but as my beloved Judge Judy would say "beauty fades, dumb is forever!."

Miss Kitty arrives at the hospital and finds Mariano there, he tells her Monica came to the hospital-spent the night there with Pablo and that the two left together, he also tells her that Pablo does not want to see the children until he is in a better financial position. Kitty is hurt and leaves with Jarocha, Mariano is left alone with his thoughts and the voices in his head tell him that he and his father are the same-his father stole 20 years of a mans life and he is trying to steal the love of a woman from his brother, hey at least he is self-aware!


My name is Agustin and I make stupid plans:

Agustin has thought up a new plan to keep Pablo away from Kitty, I thought he was planning on putting a hit on her-that would have been smart, but this is Agustin we are talking about, father to idiot Pablo and so I realized that I expected too much from him. Instead his plan was the following: have Miss Kitty kidnapped and have compromising photos taken of her, then have those pictures sent to his son as proof that Kitty is a slut. Ummm, the plan backfired and I'll tell you why.

Stranger Danger:
I thought Kitty was street smart, I was wrong. The man hired by Agustin shows up at her house and tells her Pablo has asked him to take her to his house and she buys it! Even after Jarocha and Mercedes tell her it's a bad idea-even after Jarocha offers to go with her, Miss Kitty runs off with no consideration to the fact that she does not know who this man is and that there could be danger ahead. When I was six I was told to never ever leave with a stranger, did no one teach Esmeralda this?

The car ride has gotten too long and Esmeralda grows concerned, the thug that picked her up tells her not to worry, they are just going to pick up the doctor and be on their way, and oh look there comes the doctor! Esmeralda finally realizes that something is wrong and tries to make a run for it but she is caught by the criminals and is taken to a  seedy part of town where they take suggestive pictures of her and send them to Pablo and to Agustin, thankfully that's where it ends and nothing worse happens to Esmeralda, but it was way too close for comfort.

Where the plan went wrong:
Pablo got a bonus at work and ran off to see Esmeralda and babies (how much could the bonus have been?) when he shows up everyone freaks out because if he's there then where is Esmeralda? They all realize that she's been kidnapped and suspicion quickly falls on Agustin and Lorenza, they are the only ones who wish to harm Kitty and the man that took Esmeralda knew too much personal information about Pablo for this to be a random thing.

During all this it comes to light that Pablo and his family are aware of the fact that Esmeralda is Fernando's daughter and he demands to know who told, Pablo does not sell out Jarocha and promises to keep the secret. Jarocha tries to calm the situation down by having Pablo meet the babies when the disturbing pictures of Esmeralda hit his phone and at this rate I don't think he is ever going to meet the kids.

Everyone gathers around his phone and they are horrified at the images of what appears to be a nude Esmeralda with a creep, thankfully Esmeralda makes it home and a doctor is called-they determine that she was not harmed.

Super Damian to the rescue!

Damian has a friend who works for a phone company and who traces the call back to the creeper that took Esmeralda, he finds him at a little hole in the wall restaurant and starts another epic Damian beat down, who wants to bet that he beats this guy to a bloody pulp? And that he finds out that Agustin paid him to take the pictures of Kitty?

You know your life sucks when:

You have to have breakfast with your crappy mom and dad-I'd sooner starve! Pablo is at his parents home having breakfast when Agustin gets a text of the Esmeralda pictures-first he gives a speech about how horrible she is and then shows Pablo the pictures, Pablo accuses his dad of being behind the whole thing and Agustin says he had nothing to do with it, but no one is buying what he is selling!

Join us tomorrow when I hope people get punched-I'm looking at you Agustin, I'm looking at you!

Previous: Episode 35
Next: Episode 37

Labels:


Comments:
So we had the drama of the kidnapping, with La Gata fighting her captors just like a cat. She's struggling to find her way home, leaving us to worry about her fate. Then, whammo! she opens the door and she's back home! How'd she do that? Inquiring minds want to know.
 

Yet another cruddy plot from wannabe evil Augie, and Lorenza is back to saying "maldita gata" every other sentence. I'm glad Pablo didn't fall for it, but I wonder if it would have gone differently if he hadn't been at Casa Silencioso when everything was happening.
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Hmm. I wonder if my last post will show up.
 

I'm glad Pablo didn't fall for the trick. Unfortunately Esme thinks she's been raped.
 

Had Pablo not been at the house Augie would have gotten away with it.

Doctor does house calls and squelches months of did or didn't it.

Mariano's intent was to deceive with a lie but it was not a lie.

Esmeralda finds her way home after hopping in a car enticed with some Pablo nip, drugging, a photo shoot, abandoned, dazed and confused, with not a nickel to her name and all before dinner time.

 

Tofie your quip about Mariano reminded me... If Jarocha is such a man whisperer why didn't she pick up that big brother was lying?

 

Sara, that is what threw me. Mariano clearly wanted to mislead Esmeralda (though he later had a guilt pang or two) however, Pablo did return to his apartment after discharging early and Monica and he are now again close friends. Perhaps Jarocha's powers are not refined enough to decipher the legalize of a good attorney.
 

Lol! You're a hoot, tofie!
 

Well, thank goodness there was no paralysis or amnesia . . .as a matter of fact Pablo's little mishap like Esme's kidnap got cleaned up Servpro-style "like it never even happened"! Hey, cool, whatever. Looks like Augie will be outed as the "mastermind" behind La Gata's recent disgrace. And Damian! After head-butting d**k-head the kidnapper Damian sure had a "Ahmo kick yo' a$$ sucka" glare in his eye. I'm afraid somewhere down the line he's going to pay for his fierce defense of La Gata. I also fear for the loveable Pigpen (Carlos) because of HIS love of Virginia.

I guess the rest of the story is going to be one Wile E. Coyote plot after the other being foiled with smooches in between? Enh, that's not so bad.

Lila

 

lawdy you gone done it again Lila.

Servpro style & Pigpen
 

Hee Hee! I'm not a real regular but I LOVE this blog: thanks tofie!

Lila
 

I continue to be amazed at the high quality of Mexican medicine. First it is clear that depression can be diagnosed (Pablo) with a CT scan, and now they have figured out how to rule out rape by taking someone's blood pressure. I hope these techniques will be shared with U.S. health care providers soon.

Pablo seems to be maturing rapidly. I hope this continues and that he and Fernando can forge an alliance to expose past sins of Pablo's parents. But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm beginning to really dislike Mariano. To me, he is as bad as Meatball, although he is more smooth with his evildoing.

I wish Augie would drink more. I seems to me that such stupid actions would be better understood as the result of drunkenness.

I guess Virginia's fate is still up in the air?

David
 

Amazing medicine indeed, David. Also amazing is how Augie and Lowrenza are acting as if they don't have this giant accusation of fraud and theft-shaped anvil hanging over their heads. They continue to harass and threaten Esme and, as someone mentioned, where is the money coming from to send Virginia to an institute for the blind? They act as if the cash flow and their freedom are assured forever! I guess if Fernando pressed his case the show would be over too soon!

Lila
 

Ugh. I'm not watching/listneing closely enough. Did they rule out rape?
 

Yes, the doc said she was untouched, whew.
 

Lila, Pigpen is perfect!

I noticed the snake's second appearance slithering away in the background of Augie and lowrenza's lunch date.

I'm so glad that the kidnapping did not last long.
Pablo managed to keep control over his two year old emotions and showed that he is maturing to some degrees but it was Damian who tracked down that creepy kidnapper and beat him up! YAY!

The kidnapper's creepy henchman was Marjorie De Souza's Rasta wig wearing henchie from Amores Verdaderos.

I've never heard of a municipal art committee suddenly deciding to offer an artist a wad of cash over and above his commission just because they thought he was doing such a good job. It seemed to be a big enough amount that Pablo suddenly felt he could run over and see his kids! Hmmm.
 

I bet that will be the last time they pay Pablo before Friday afternoon. Don't they know better if you are paying by the job and give the check before lunch time you won't see him back.
 

I agreed with whoever commented about Carlos appearance that poor doesn't equate to being dirty. But I hope it hasn't opened the door for such a snarky names as pigpen. I'm sure the "fried chicken" remark the other day was snark directed at him.

We protect our hero's ie: we wouldn't dare say anything negative about Esme. It took a while before anyone mentioned anything questionable about Mariano even though he's been cunning and two-faced almost from the very beginning.

The whole dump is a pigpen. So wouldn't the name apply to everyone from the dump and not just Carlos?

Sue NY
 

Yes, Sue it would be applicable to everyone that lives in the dump and I would comment constantly on how dirty Esmeralda was and if she brushed her teeth. Pigpen for me is a beloved Charlie Brown character so I get the visual.
 

Carlos was the guy who was bathing before bathing was cool. I don't get why, when his job is supposed to be selling chicles at a stop light, he always looks like he's been moonlighting as a mechanic. Maybe I missed something and he's been helping out at a tire shop? But, again...this is Carlos we're talking about, who likes to be clean. Why wouldn't he make a quick trip to the sushi place bathroom and wash his face and hands? They're trying to sell me something and I'm not buying it!

In other news, I'm headed into the studio tomorrow night for another video shoot and in reading the script today, I think y'all are going to like this one. The math one didn't have any telenovela elements, but now we're doing Language Arts :D
 

I understood the Pigpen nickname to be an affectionate reference to the beloved Peanuts character of that name. Everyone loved him, but he always had dirt smeared on his face and a little cloud of dust followed him everywhere. Very apt for Carlos. No offense intended.
 

Tofie, I didn't realize that pigpen is a Charlie brown character. I can see that my age is telling on me. I'm way out of touch with cartoon characters and I was the person who questioned how Pablo earned his name, only to find out that it was based on a character from a play that I wasn't familiar with. Thanks for the clarification. Carlos and Virginia are my favorite characters. Still I was (and still am in a way) very annoyed with Carlos for not cleaning up before going to see Virginia. Being blind, her sense of smell has to be heightened and poor darling can only see the good in him.
Sue NY
 

oh, forgot to say that now I have to agree that pigpen is a perfect name.
 

oh, forgot to say that now I have to agree that pigpen is a perfect name.
 

"very annoyed with Carlos for not cleaning up before going to see Virginia"

So are we all. Even Rita got hosed down at hospital. I want Carlos to march in clean and sharp as a tack and protect Virginia from her sorry beast of a mother.

On Virginia, it is clear her parents think her less than a family pet (though a family pet likely ran off or put down) and only the boys worthy (particularly Pablo the mamas boy). Virginia was the first to be slapped and now threatened with being locked up but even more heinous was the comment Lorenza made, she should have locked her away when she was born. If anyone deserving of a knight in shining armor it is she, so Carlos, hit the shower.

 

Aw bless you heart LN and Tofie you read me right: I called Carlos Pigpen and yes, he is a beloved Charlie Brown character and it was done with the greatest of affection! Pop cultural references can put a date stamp on ya can't they? Yeah, it really is out of character for Carlos to be visibly grungy all the time. Sigh. I just hope the writers don't off him cause they think this romance is just too impossible: perhaps they think if they keep him dirty this will justify this kind of despicable* plot twist.

*pop culture test: What other well known cat pronounces this word with a lisp and spray of spit?

Lila
 

Sylvester.

It's funny but my husband tells me I have mannerisms of some cartoon characters and upon self reflection I do.
 

BINGO Tofie! Hee Hee! Oh, the recap's up. . .gotta watch it during commercials for "Quiero amarte"!

Lila
 

Gracias for the recap, Eli! You hit the nail on the head...why did she get in a car with that guy? And why did she go alone? Silencioso had better hire some security!

Damian is starting to get into a pattern of "someone hurts kitty...Damian smash!"
 

When Esmeralda was being manhandled by the two goons, she was yelling, screaming and fighting like a cat. There were 4-5-6? people nearby watching the whole thing. Some looked like college age or maybe a little older yet no one tried to help. Is that the way society is today?
I mean, just stand there and watch someone being abducted for whatever evil thing that the abductors may have in mind. Rape, sex slavery, prostitution, ransom?

How did Damian know who kidnapped
Esmeralda?

Carlos, please clean up a little before a date. I know that you come from the dump but use some common sense.
the gringo
 

Word, gringo! Not only did they not help her, they barely looked up. Two people come running right through the middle of their futbol game and they don't even gripe. Bad directing!
 

Homerun, Eli!!

I always love your closing remarks "Join us tomorrow when I hope people get punched-I'm looking at you Agustin, I'm looking at you!"

I was thinking of Charlie Brown when Lila said Pigpen as well. I didn't think of it as a put down at all. The put down is producers continung to equate poverty with dirty (as has already been said.)

Kat- I couldn't believe they had them run through the soccer game and no one said anything. At least make them stop and stare!

And I know "Damian smash" is really not good conflict management, but I love it. He's becoming a favorite for me.

Mariano is on my sh!t list right today because he's just straight up lying and manipulating AND justifying it now.
 

This is great Eli. Stranger Danger so right.
 

Thank you for the recap Eli---I couldn't figure out how Damian knew who the kidnapper was but your recap cleared it up for me.
I can't wait for the kidnappers beat down tonight.
the geingo
 

Thank you Eli! Just splendid m'dear! I guess the crafters of this little story are trying to show us that poor people either don't care about others and/or they are used to seeing people, maybe especially women "man-handled", beaten and dragged around. . .just another day in the 'hood for the (literally) unwashed masses!

Can't wait to see Pablo's parents outed. Maybe he will finally stop thinking their word is gospel. Sheesh!

Lila
 

Thank you for the kind comments! Lila-Pablo is so stupid that he will probably always believe his parents-even after they are proven to be liars!
 

Eli – Superb recap. My favorites:

at this rate I don't think he is ever going to meet the kids

Join us tomorrow when I hope people get punched--I'm looking at you Agustin, I'm looking at you!

I too am frustrated with Carlos not sprucing up before going to see Virginia. Makes no sense at all, but my guess is the writers are winding up for a "Cinderfella" transformation when Carlos gets super-clean befitting a GQ cover. Esme used to be foolishly dirty-faced too and wear her hair ragged when in reality she would’ve at least put her hair up in a ponytail and wiped her face before seeing Pablo.
 

Sadly, Eli, I think you're right. To me, the only logical conclusion Pablo could draw from having Augie show him the pictures on the cell phone is that Augie was behind it. Why else would the pictures have been sent to him? And Silecioso is right--who else has motive? For me, having Augie try to throw that in his face with the expectation that Pablo would break up with Esme was just further evidence. I actually thought, silly me, that Pablo didn't say anything to his parents as a test--if they brought it up, he would know they had something to do with it. Instead he seems to be taking it as "Gosh, they're so mean...not mean enough to have hired someone to kidnap and drug my baby mama, but mean enough to gloat."
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder