Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Antes Muerta Que Lichita #45 Tuesday 11/24/15: The big fiesta

All react to the announcement of Lichita's promotion. Luciana says this is her nightmare.

Magos bumps into an oafish guy. Perhaps he's actually the father? Yes! He's the Dad, he never knew about the kid and didn't flee like Magos told everyone! Chaclas (the oafish dude) is as surprised as Magos' parents! But he rolls with it and seems delighted to be a new part of the family (despite Elsa and Nacho's obvious disapproval.
Elsa and Nacho, not particularly thrilled to meet the father of their granddaughter

Luciana, arguing vehemently against Lichita's promotion (that "nacuarria de nacolandia"), grumpily is forced to call her Alicia instead of Lichita... it's cute! Then she pitches an absolute fit, wailing "kill me, for the love of god, kill me!" Augusto tells her cool down, it's just business, and anyway, I'm biding my time for a true, colossal humiliation of that woman who cheated on my son. She cheers up, but asks for her own promotion, up to Alicia's level.
Today's ridiculous screenshots
of Luciana being ridiculous

After she leaves, Augusto comments to Draco, "haven't you heard that women have a sixth sense? But if that's so, how come most of them are so... gullible?"

Beto trots in to backhandedly "congratulate" her on her promotion that she got through her "sham" engagement.

More cuteness with Brisa and Braulio ensues.... she's trying to get him to do yoga to calm down from his quibbles with Nestor (who had insulted his moviemaking). He fumes: "es un 'unfollow' total!" I love his use of facebook language. Her "relax, think of your colon!" lol.

Alicia is praised by her family for the big promotion. Elsa is about to tell her about the big discovery (Jimena's dad), but realizes she needs to keep quiet around the kid until they can figure out how to tell her, so she says to Alicia "I'll tell you when there aren't any little birds on the wire."

Magos pulls out Alicia's wallet when she's not looking, finds it empty, and for a change actually puts money INTO it!

Marta's husband, increasingly concerned by his wife's lunacy over adopting Mateo, goes to meet with Beto and warn him!

When Elsa and Nacho leave for the party, Magos immediately lets in the doofy Chanclas and straight-away tells Ximena that he's her dad. The kid screws up her face... "really?"

Alicia rolls her eyes when Beto wins the prize (for the work that she did). But he calls her up to share it with him! He only steals half the credit - what a gentleman! They wind up fighting over it onstage a bit...

Not a whole lot happens at the party for a while... please update me if I missed something...
Elias insists that the top-hat is coming back into fashiond


Beto is kind of sweet out in the hall, and winds up going in for a kiss. Luci shows up at the last moment!

Luci drinks a ton of champagne and wants the two of them to hear what Augusto is about to announce.. the coming wedding for Alicia and Alex! Beto takes the stage for a speech - he wants to tell the world how much he loves that woman he met at Iconika! He proposes to Luci on the spot!!!

Previous: Episode 44
Next: Episode 46

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Ezra! Loved the screen shots (remember the page break)!

OMG! Chanclas actually wears chanclas, and looks like a baby caveman on weed. Poor Ximena! Both he and Magos seem to think that kids are there to serve them, like little butlers. Can't believe he wanted to send Ximena out to the pharmacy, at night (!) to get Magos a cold remedy, and had to be reminded that as a little kid, she can't do that kind of thing.

Magos going into Alicia's wallet to steal money, and then realizing Alicia is more broke than she is and putting money in. Two steps back, one step forward.
 

Ezra- This needs a Lichita label too. Otherwise it will disappear once it falls off the page.

Loved Elias' blue suit and top hat. I'm so glad they brought him back from the manicomio.
 

I wasn't sure if Ezra was near a computer, so I took care of it. Back in a sec...I'm finally nearly caught up on this show!
 

Thanks, Ezra. Missed this episode, but now I feel like I saw it.

Ay, so Chanclas is as bad as Magos.
 

Thank you, Ezra! "Oafish" is a great word for Chanclas. I think I was staring at him about the same way Ximena was, and I echoed her "Give me patience!" How those two produced Ximena is beyond me.
 

Thanks Ezra---Loved the show last night as well as your recap this morning.

I was hoping that Magos would find Ximena's daddy and that when she did , he would be an ok dude. Well he's kinda an ok dude. He seems pleasant, smiles a lot, and tries to be polite. Ok, he doesn't seem to bright wanting to send Ximena out to the
pharmacy alone and at night but at least he isn't a gang member--lets hope on the good side, for now anyway. We kinda knew that Magos wouldn't be dating a medical student at a top medical school or a physics major so for now let's give Chanclas a chance.

Can't wait to see how Alicia does in her new position at Iconika.

Ezra---loved the screen shots. You picked some good ones.

must see tv
the gringo

 

Thanks Erza! Ditto on the screenshots. I'm enjoying Lucina's ridiculousness and antics more now that Alicia gives it as good as she gets.

"He only steals half the credit - what a gentleman!" LOL. Roberto is such a flawed hero but I like that about him.

And Elias with his top hat! What a nut! Digging his "I'll do whatever the hell I want attitude" with his yoda moments thrown in there.

Poor kid, she has a thumb as a father

jlk
 

Thanks Ezra...the episode yesterday did not disappoint. Loved the screenshots and the facial expressions you captured perfectly.

Vivi: Chanclas "baby caveman on weed" LOLOL

I am not a fan of chanclas at the moment. He does not seem too bright and he appeared way too suddenly for my liking. And its nice that he treats Magos "well" when she was sick but the way he ordered his daughter around that he just met was not to my liking.

Magos - You never know what to get with her...90% of the time she makes bade life choices but the other 10% of time she shows promise. She could have set up Magos meeting her dad a bit better but I cant expect much with Magos.
 

Great recap Ezra and thank you.

I think we're wishing for something Magos is incapable of. Ximena now has two children.

Agree Roberto a likable rascal and overjoyed Alicia finally got some credit for the supermarket campaign but he's a conman. The big bully. I hate him more every time he breezes in, cuts Alicia up and leaves her weeping.
 

Screen shots were fantastic Ezra!

Great recap- thank you so much.

"Today's ridiculous screenshots of Luciana being ridiculous" made me break out into a broad grin.

I have to say I love Luci. I cannot wait to see what facial contortion she will be sporting next. My admiration for Ingrid Martz has skyrocketed. She has really been sensational. If Maite weren't doing such a wonderful job herself, Ingrid would no doubt be outshining everyone. Think Madonna who stole Desperately Seeking Susan from Rosanna Arquette.

Augusto is so much fun to watch as well. I wish he'd put his purse down though - it's getting on my nerves.

An early and heartfelt wish for a happy Thanksgiving to all.

Diana
 

Thanks, Ezra, for a great recap. I so enjoyed your screen caps. Just perfect!

Missed some last night.

Not happy with Roberto at all. Two of his decisions are telling me a totally new couple need to come along and adopt Mateo:

1. Roberto needs to tell his lawyer the whole truth about Marta with her mental health issues no matter what he promised her husband. It clearly would not be in Mateo's best interest to end up with a woman who is mentally ill. Mateo's interests have to come first. Roberto needs to think before he promises in the future.

2. Also, really a "tit for tat" engagement? So that is how Roberto ends up with Luciana. Luciana a step-mother?


Surprisingly, I am not hating El Chanclas who seems just like a normal neighborhood guy. Clearly he has not had much experience dealing with children. I still think he should tell Magos that he wants a DNA test to make sure he is Ximena's dad. If he is, Ximena will get him into shape as a dad.

Loved the embedded Famsa commercial.
 

Jarifa, I don't dislike Chanclas either. I thought your description of him as a neighborhood guy was spot on.

Like gringo, I'm willing to give him a chance.

Diana
 

Diana, happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder