Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Lichita 2/2: A wedding and a barfing

I want to start out by reiterating how bored I've gotten with our Alicia. Since they made her "hot," she's become incredibly bland. Her facial expressions have become so much more stiff and grumpy-looking and she's lost any vestige of playfulness! Her "transformation" has sucked a lot out of this show, sadly. Let's hope she gets it back!

Beto has a flashback to the vile Vladimir boasting about assaulting an innocent 15-year-old girl. He snaps and beats the crap out of him and gets in trouble for it. The jail people believe Vladimir's story of the events. The warden's line: "what, it's not my job to find anything out."

Afterwards, Vladimir goes back to threats. "You may be the famous panther in here, but out there I can do what I want, and I'll seek out whatever family you've got and make trouble for them." Threats are made.



Beto goes to Carmona and tells him the whole story, explaining why Sheila and Mateo are in danger.Carmona says they need proof before they can do anything about it.

Back at home, Beto tells his bro what happened and that they need to get Sofia to denounce Vladimir, and that he knows where she is. He's always known.

 Magos flirts with a nerdy guy in a suit. I think he works at a call center. Her daughter chides her for falling all over him - "you should know better, mom!"

The "caja de ahorro" (was this like one of those local savings/investment type deals) has been cleared out. Everyone's money is gone! Including Nacho. So much for the second honeymoon! He then goes back to Elsa looking comically miserable, and tells her that everything's gone.

Bea and Dafne have a reconciliation - as part of filming a women-self-esteem piece, Alicia gets them talking about their insecurities, and Bea tearfully apologizes for being so mean and they make up and hug.
 
On Augusto's orders, Chuchette seduces Elias and gives him the adress to a "very discrete" hotel to meet her at.

At the discrete hotel, Elias arrives in high amorousness to find a sexy note telling him to get naked and wait for her! But whose high heels come striding through the door to find a nude and whistling Elias? Bea! She screams and, peeking through her fingers (pretending to cover her eyes) she exclaime "blessed Christ! Ho could god bring that into the world??!"

At the party for Alicia, she's in the middle of wondering who invited the media and telling off Beto for coming to the party when Santiago shows up with a million reporters and proposes to her. Beto, mere feet away, barfs in the grass. Great ending!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap!

I was disappointed that the debt collector guy turned out to be a flirt with all of his female callers. He didn't seem that disappointed when Magos caught him, as he went right back to sweet talking. Too bad. I thought this was the guy for her. I thought something was up when Xime went from really liking him to cautioning Magos. Wonder if the writers changed their minds on him.

I don't think Nacho told Elsa that he lost all of the money. If so, he said it in a way that she didn't understand because she was still talking about their honeymoon at the party. I felt so bad for him. He look quite devastated. Must admit that the place did look legitimate when he invested but he should have seen the red flags when they promised big returns.

Wow Vlad is a bad guy. But how does Rob know Sofia? Did he know her or Vlad before jail? Must admit the detective has been no help in any of this. I wonder if he is on Augie's payroll.

I have a feeling that Santi invited the press to Alicia's party. Why is he moving so fast? Does he have to get married by a certain age or lose his inheritance (I think I saw a WE or Hallmark tv movie to that affect!)

Rob eating grass at the end was great. He knows that his losing her is all his fault and at least he is taking his punishment.
 

Ezra, succinct and sensational. Loved the title - too funny!

"He then goes back to Elsa looking comically miserable" and "Elias arrives in high amorousness" were among my favorites.

I found myself crying along with Bea and Dafne during their heartfelt discussion. I wanted to leap through the TV and hug them both. I really hope Bea will be be the kind, sweet, loving mother Dafne so desperately deserves.

I also laughed at Elias and Bea. Hmmm. It seemed to me that Bea was doing much more than "stealing" quite a few glances at Elias behind those carefully positioned fingers, didn't it?

And Santiago, bless his heart. Not sure if a media circus was the right setting for the proposal, I would have expected something highly romantic.

While I suspect Alicia will never be his bride, I certainly don't want her to marry Beto. I will have the same reaction as Beto did! Not very ladylike but under the circumstances, entirely appropriate!

Thanks again Ezra!

Diana
 

Thanks, Ezra! The grass eating was quite hilarious. Suck it up (or, eat it up), Roberto!

What is Santi thinking with this too soon, and too public, proposal?

I liked how they showed Bea and Dafe having the same shame issues with their bodies and their roles as women (and also the same thing they love about themselves-- their eyes). Maybe too simplistic, but I'm happy these two are finally on the same page and moving towards understanding each other. I'm glad Bea apologized to Dafne.

I'm disappointed that bill collector guy turns out to be a flirt. I was hoping that although he flirts on the phone to get customers to pay up, that he really does feel Magos is special. But then he kept on working after she got mad, so that seems to blow that out of the water.

Poor Nacho (and all those other people)! That place looked totally legit. The only thing that seemed fishy was their promise for huge returns. Why aren't they all going to the police? It must have taken a huge amount of organization to set up a scam like that. Surely, they left a trail the cops can follow. Nacho needs to tell Elsa, ASAP.
 

Ezra, thanks for your very fine recap.

So glad we finally know what the deal is with Roberto and Vladimir. Vlad was in jail for something like Roberto: fraud. So Roberto wants to find the victim "Sofía" of Vladimir's assault and have her bring charges against Vladimir so he can flush Vladimir out? Or was I still asleep on the couch when I imagined it? I am hoping it was my imagination. If not, it just points to it being ALL about Roberto one more time. Run, Alicia, run!!!!

I liked Alicia making Néstor and Chuchette stay and work along with her and the rest of the team.

I loved the reconciliation between mother and daughter and Beatriz admitting due to her own lack of confidence did not know how to raise Dafne.

I felt bad for Nacho because Elsa did tell him so.

When will the truth about Gumaro and Luciana come out. Roberto accused him of hiding something from him. I was hoping Gumaro was going to go for it, but he didn't.

Best scene: Roberto eating that grass just like the dog he is!

Glad my lunch will be something more tasty! Later!
 

Thank You Ezra. Talk about making a silk purse from a Sow's ear. You Go !

Um, well, little Maggot poured steaming hot coffee on Mr. Bill Collector's crotch. I suspect he is no longer interested in her wacky ass. Or at least not until that area becomes serviceable again. As far as I saw, they had not committed to being exclusive.

I DO luuurve little Ximena.

Poor old affection starved Bea. Elias is not exactly Augusto, but turn about is fair play, right? What did they do to lure Bea to the No-tel Motel? I missed that.
 

Sorry, I ask more questions than a 4 year old. How has Robby kept up with this (now grown) little girl all this time? How did he find out who she was to begin with? This story is getting a little dark, for a comedy.
 

Thanks Ezra. Short and sweet.

Magos got fooled. Too bad, I thought that she was starting to turn around. She is now spending more time with Ximena at least.

I didn't like the proposal that Santi choose for Alicia. Not sure if she will say yes. She may think that it's too soon and even though there has been a lot of bickering lately, I think that her heart is still for Roberto. Sorry patio but that's my call.

Poor Nacho. What's he to do now?

I'm glad that Bea and Dafne made up.

The Elias and Bea hotel scene was a riot. Wait until they meet at work tonight. That will be a good scene too.

I want more of Luciana's craziness. Ingrid's great.

must see tv
the gringo
 

Thanks, Ezra. Great recap. I missed watching last night.

I'm stunned. Bea made up with Daphne? Looking forward to Bea finally standing up for her child.

Stunned again. Bea seeing Elias naked in a hotel room? Speechless.

Yep. Santi's sudden proposal in front of a gaggle of people is a bad sign. He's trying to overcompensate for something. This is not good.

Roberto eating grass, just like dog. Sorry I missed that! :D
 

If we're really in ultimas semanas they have a lot of work to do. Traditionally Alicia would HAVE to end up with Beto as little as we care for that. Could Beto and Luciana get an annulment since there has been no sex? I actually wish Alicia, like the Paper Bag Princess, could waltz off in into the future on her own.
 

Jane, that would be the best ending ever: Alicia deciding to stay on her own.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder